Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband help

Options
  • 12-06-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

My 2mb Eircom connection has become a bit unstable as of late. Any time from 1pm till 1am i could get speeds from 500kbps up to 1.7! It goes up and down over a few seconds, now this is a major problem as i enjoy gaming and this doesnt help. Some points i can be getting good speed but 300ping to servers.

I've rang eircom and they say everything is grand which it clearly is not. I'm out of ideas at this stage, if anyone could help that would be great!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Some more info required - are you connecting by wireless or ethernet? Have you changed anything lately in your set up?

It could be that you exchange is becoming over subscribed and in need of capacity (that is often reported here) and that you are suffering extra contention as a result but that would be more apparent at night times.

What speed are you syncing at? What are your line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Sorry, it's ethernet connection and nothing to do with the set up as its the same on other PC's in the house. I've tried different routers but no change.
    I was thinking it had something to do with the contention ratio, is there anything you can do about that other than upgrade/change ISP?
    I also asked them to turn off interleaving but they said they could only put it on low, not really sure what all that means, was just told to do it :p

I'm pretty thick when it come to broadband (well most things:o) so ye..

Advertisement