Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst result of going without sleep.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I woke up at 7am after a couple of hours sleep once and thought it was 7pm. I was VERY confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Fell asleep on the jacks. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Once I went to the cinema after being awake for 2 days. In came 3 people just after the start and sat about 5 rows behind me. About 20mins into the film one of them just shouted really loud " ARGHHHH!!! " I just turned to look at the person next to me ( my buddy ) but they didn't even flinch. This happened about 10 more times. To this day I don't know if I was hallucinating or not cause my friend had left for Germany once I'd woken up the day after... Some trippy **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

anyone else start seeing and hearing stuff thats not there when they're really tired?

i used to work few-day shifts at a time and get that towards the end of it.

I saw an imagined fly zoom into the bathroom. I was confused as this was february but was open to the possibility of maybe one fly existing around this time of year though some fluke occurence. So I checked the bathroom and saw no sign of the fly. I knew I had hallucinated, first time ever, and attributable to getting up at 7.30 everyday. A morning person I am not.

• Advertisement

I've been awake 35hrs no should be looking forward san leaba but now have a third wind :( I want to get back to daytime life soon :yawn:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

at the weekend i was awake for about 41 hours with 22 hours of them working in a row... thank god i was at a concert or i would of fallen asleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

SDooM wrote: »
    I once fell asleep standing up on a bus. I didn't even know you could do that!

Done that many times, though I usually awake rather quickly as my knees start to buckle.:o

Regularly used to doze off in college classes and still manage to write notes, not sure what langauge they were in though, certainly wasn't English anyway.:p

Did a 30hr shift in work once (meaning I was actually awake for >32hrs), had been doing about 18hr shifts the days before (finish at ~2am, get home, sleep 3-6:30 am, go back into work), got a large gash on my hand from the door bolt in work as suffices to say I wasn't the most graceful or attentive at the time & somehow managed to let it catch my hand as the door swung closed. Have a scar on my hand from it.

Think the worst though is when you're absolutely knackered, fall asleep really early in the evening, wake up a little later look at your watch thinking you slept the entire night and :eek:panic thinking you're late for work only to find out it's still the same night as you dash down the stairs and hear someone watching the television. Gah, hate it when that happens!:mad:

Advertisement