Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton shower problem - any suggestions?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I have a triton Martinique electric shower bought approx 2 years ago that is giving me trouble. When I turn it on, the pressire and power lights come on and it delivers hot water for about 20 seconds. Then there is a clicking sound, the pressure light goes off and the water turns cold for about 20 secs. Then the pressure light comes back on and the water heats up for about 20 secs again. This cycle just continues over and over.

Up to about a couple of weeks ago it was working fine but now it´s driving us all mad.

Any thoughts? I have read through a lot of the previous posts here and have done various searches that lead me to think that it could be either a problem with the check valve on the cold inlet, a blocked filter or supply to the cold inlet or a failed temperature control valve in the unit.

I am not that handy but can probably handle some straightforward repairs but before I start pulling at things I was wondering if anyone else has had this difficulty? Should I call in a professional, or does anyone think this is possibly a diy job? If so, what shold I be looking for?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

try disconnecting the hose that comes out of the shower first and switch it on as any kinks or faults in this could cause thewater to not get out of the shower as quick as it should and could mess with the stats or sensors in the shower
    failing that it gets a little bit more tricky (if your not that handy)
    make sure that all power to the shower is turned off on the isolation pull cord in the bathroom and on the mcb marked "shower" on your circuit board then remove the shower cover and check the power with a fase tester or multimeter
    then simply just remove the filter which is normally fairly obvious,it should be the first thing beside the copper pipe that comes into the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Thanks a mill for the advice - I will give that a try.

Advertisement