Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table layout

Options
  • 12-06-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Any site that have good examples/templates of how to layout information in tables.

Just looking for a nice table layout design, to display information correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

That's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question.

For site layout - i.e. the structure and frameword you should be looking to CSS for layout.
    Keep tables for tabular data, a league table for example.

There are 10000s of pages out there, search for css layout it's a steap but short learing curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

A quick google will sort you...

Try this tutorial

Which generates this table

(its a damn nice table now that I look at it... I'll be using that somewhere I think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If you are asking about styling tables (those with tabular data), Data Tables and CSS Gallery contains a good number of table designs. Click on the design name to change the look of the table. The HTML markup does not change, only the CSS.
    It's sort of like the CSS Zen Garden for tables (though less visually impressive).

Advertisement