Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potencially Repeating...

Options
  • 12-06-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

All done now :D . Think I hit around 300. Im looking for higher tho and am ready to repeat...

Anyone know will courses defer much in Irish, Mts, Eng, Bio, Chem, Busn, Geog??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

All done now :D . Think I hit around 300. Im looking for higher tho and am ready to repeat...

Bit of advice, dont repeat English.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Irish will be the same next year as this year.
    It completely changes in '10 though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'd double-check that, afaik, this is the last year of the current poetry etc on the Irish course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lastminutequest

One last go with that so!! haha

why ju say that bout english?? cause the paper was so handy this year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Could Never Do This Again..

Fair Play Though If You Want Better!

• Advertisement

tasha1 wrote: »
    I Could Never Do This Again..

Fair Play Though If You Want Better!

haha cheers!! no ill defo need da summer off alrite after dat!! but im determined to do better!! I know 300ish aint to be sniffed at either tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I'd double-check that, afaik, this is the last year of the current poetry etc on the Irish course.

Nope, there is defo one more year!
    Then the poetry changes & the whole course is restructured with the oral becoming 40% of the entire course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Macbeth is the Shakespeare for next year, So othello's out the window. And i think the poetry is quite different as well. So trying to do a different course in just a year might be tough, especially if your doing other subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

eoin2nc wrote: »

:D
    The second i saw this i had to have a look to see if anyone had pointed it out. I shouldve known

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

haha cheers!! no ill defo need da summer off alrite after dat!! but im determined to do better!! I know 300ish aint to be sniffed at either tho!!

The national average is around 350 every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

One last go with that so!! haha

why ju say that bout english?? cause the paper was so handy this year??

yes because the paper was so handy this year...next year it could potentially be worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

wardides wrote: »
    yes because the paper was so handy this year...next year it could potentially be worse...

Wondering when someone would say that.I think the national average is 245 or 250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

eoin2nc wrote: »

Yes, because obviously the way a person types on an internet forum is the exact same as the way they write in the English Leaving Cert.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, if you've nothing to contribute other than pointing out spelling mistakes, don't even bother posting.
    (What's even sadder is that two people actually thanked that post)

Anyway OP I don't think many of the courses will undergo any drastic change. English will obviously be a bit different with regards to Paper 2.
    Next year is the last year of the current Irish course, the poetry and prose and stuff will change in 2010.
    Geography and Biology are both fairly new courses so they won't be changed.
    Maths has remained the same for quite a while.
    Business - didn't do it for LC so I couldn't tell ya.

...Geography and Biology are both fairly new couses so they won't be changed...

your spelling is awful...

your spelling is awful...

If you can't tell the difference between a simple typo and not knowing how to spell a word, that's your problem :p
    btw I got an A1 in English so now I can mayk az meny speling miztakez az eye wont :)

If you can't tell the difference between a simple typo and not knowing how to spell a word, that's your problem :p
    btw I got an A1 in English so now I can mayk az meny speling miztakez az eye wont :)

of couse you got an A1

I'm not from Down, I'm from Cork.

:pac:

:pac:

:D

Because I did my Leaving Cert last year!
    And I'm not from Down, I'm from Cork.

I wonder how many more minutes before luvlad is banned?...

it was 9

it was 9

Lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

So you can Bank your English just like what they do in weakest link? *BANK*

If I had to repeat I would do x3times better as I have learned from my mistakes and learned what it actually feels like sitting an exam wishing I'd studied more!

Realising all this will stick with you and you WILL do soo much better! We all started predicting, narrowing down weeks, even days before the exam. We have learned that its easy to narrow down/predict and we will do this for next year resulting in SUPER marks and higher grades!

Done and dusted!;)

BaRcOe wrote: »
    So you can Bank your English just like what they do in weakest link? *BANK*
    My cousin's repeating and he doesn't have to do English or Irish this year, so I presume that you can carry forward certain subjects.
    I've heard conflicting reports on this though, so if anyone does repeat make sure you find out early on!!

My cousin's repeating and he doesn't have to do English or Irish this year, so I presume that you can carry forward certain subjects.
    I've heard conflicting reports on this though, so if anyone does repeat make sure you find out early on!!

You cant carry the points forward, but if you pass those subjects the first time you can use them to matriculate (or whatever they call it)

You cant carry the points forward, but if you pass those subjects the first time you can use them to matriculate (or whatever they call it)

Ah I see. Well that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Don't worry, be happy!

800px-Smileysvg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

or in English........You can take the points total from your best Leaving Cert. , but your qualifications from any year.

Thats why so many go back to do just Honours Irish...Most already have the points, but just need a 'C3' to do primary school teaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

would you not just kill yourself? will you be any use to society?

would you not just kill yourself? will you be any use to society?

Neh.

Anywho. Cheers for da help eveyone!! And who knows...next june I might be in the exam...and ill know how to spell POTENTIALLY! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Repeating is grand. I got 320 last year and had to repeat. I dropped Maths this year. I took English(honours) again because I knew that if I worked at it, I'd be able to get more points out of it than pass Maths. Be sensible about it. Don't drop a subject because you don't like it when you know you can still do well in it, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POINTS. I took up honours French this year too and it made a difference in my points in my mocks with a bit of work put into it.The only pass subject I ended up having was 1(Irish) compared to my 3 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

im repeating this year aswell.if there is any ordinary subjects you can drop then do it and take up a higher level subject instead.home ec is probably the most manageable in 9 months.if you are good at english, then id keep it up.althought its a lot of work you can keep some of ur comparative texts from this year and some poets aswell.otherwise de year flies by and id definitely reccommend repeating if you arent entirely happy.

Advertisement