Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fps drop off though hop-up

Options
  • 12-06-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Heen playing a about with my rpk, just wanted to ask abouts peoples expleaiance with fps drop off from hop up, this is how my rpk is going at the moment with Guarder Improved Hop Bucking installed the hop up unit is from king arms.

off - 327 - 330 (being the spring in so will consistanly be bellow 289)
    half on - 225 - 235
    all on - 210 - 220

Have not been out to test the performance over range looking to do that this weekend.

Just wanted to see the drop off others have experianced thought hop up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Half and full on are probably more than you'd use.

I get 30 fps sometimes dropped depending on aeg with no hop to full useable hop.

On an ak, you can have full useful hop way before hop fully on.

I have a madbull hop in my rpk, you can barely touch the hop arm on more without a huge fly up with .25's, .2's can even be used.

Are you saying you are adding absolutely full hop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

No don't use full hop on this :), although i've had to use full hop on home aegs as there hop up is that bad but that another story :), i just found the drop off 100fps massive never noticed that much of a drop between full off and on before, have not had the time to take the baby out to test the amount of hop i will need yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Id say you're putting way too much on.

30 fps would be about it.

Kd did a bit of testing on this, he'd have a more definite answer, but yeah, hop does drop fps a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi Puding,

Did you buy a RPK or build it ? Also any pics as im thinking off getting one myself.

PS will you be bring it to CTG on sunday the 15th ?

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

about 100fps drop is what youd get with most aegs really, full hop up would never be usable in any situation other than shooting sideways around a 90degree corner in a CQB game.,lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement