Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betting question

• 12-06-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Ive never really used a bookies before, only bet online. I just put an accumulator on for the next five games in Boyle sports. The lady told me to write down the winners.

I wrote as follows -

Italy v Romania - Italy
    Holland v France - Holland
    Sweden v Spain - Spain
    Greece v Russia - Russia
    Portugal v Turkey - Portugal

The mistake is that Portugal dont play Turkey, they play Switzerland. When I handed it in she confirmed that the winners were the ones on the right hand side. Will it go against me that I wrote the wrong team ? Or will only the right hand column count ?

5 euro returns about 130 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I think it'll just be counted for the other 4 bets. But I'm only about 90% sure on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Did you place the bet today? Id be fairly sure the Portugal match will be a non runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DSB wrote: »
    I think it'll just be counted for the other 4 bets. But I'm only about 90% sure on that.

Hmm - what if I went in tomorrow (before the game in question has happened) and asked them to change it ? Its not changing the actually bet, just making sure its on a game that is actually scheduled.

bohsman wrote: »
    Did you place the bet today? Id be fairly sure the Portugal match will be a non runner.

Yeah, placed it today. So you think they will just count the other 4 ? What if I went in and pointed it out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They should change it if you go in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

bohsman wrote: »
    They should change it if you go in.

+1.

For future notice, just write down the team and the odds, no fixtures required

Bubs101 wrote: »
    +1.

For future notice, just write down the team and the odds, no fixtures required

Aye, seems logical. I'll go in tomorrow.

Advertisement