Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken into last nite !!

Options
  • 12-06-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey All,

Came out to get into the car at 7.30 this am to find my drivers window allover the ground. my sat nav gone , ( my fault, blah, blah )..

i've had enough, management company have to get securtiy to patrol at

least the cops. Far too busy getting the grass cut every 6 seconds !!

and spending money on bleedin stonehendge at the front roundabout..

my neighbour also had her car done, i've had trees taken at the front door

I Swear to god im about to go ape at the next F#####r that comes near
    my car or my Gaff:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Chatterb*x

Oh my god, sorry to hear that... Where abouts are you in Charlesland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

the court

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pipzeus

That's terrible. I'm also in the court. I have had bins stolen but car broken into....That's very bad. there is a young crowd that usually hang about looking suspicious and I believe they were involved in our bin incidents....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hey All,

Came out to get into the car at 7.30 this am to find my drivers window allover the ground. my sat nav gone , ( my fault, blah, blah )..

i've had enough, management company have to get securtiy to patrol at

least the cops. Far too busy getting the grass cut every 6 seconds !!

and spending money on bleedin stonehendge at the front roundabout..

my neighbour also had her car done, i've had trees taken at the front door

I Swear to god im about to go ape at the next F#####r that comes near
    my car or my Gaff:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

How in Gods name can you have a go at the Management Company for your own stupidity? There have been loads of threads already about home and personal security yet you still leave your Sat Nav in your car. This is just asking for it to be robbed! **** thing to happen but could have been so easily avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

RosieJoe wrote: »
    How in Gods name can you have a go at the Management Company for your own stupidity? There have been loads of threads already about home and personal security yet you still leave your Sat Nav in your car. This is just asking for it to be robbed! **** thing to happen but could have been so easily avoided.

Easy now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

There was a piece in the Bray People and Wicklow news about this.

Was coming in last Friday night about 2.15, had gotten a taxi up from the town and my friend and her OH had decided to walk up. Got out and was walking into my house and a guy had walked by me with his hood up and walked out the gap beside my house onto Herbert Road (Bray).

My friends then text me to say to make sure my car doors were locked as they had been coming in and saw these 2 guys going around in and out of gardens and to the cars parked on the road checking the doors and boots.

So went back out to the car about 5 mins later and I see the guy in the hoody and another guy coming towards my car.... obviously they quickly changed their direction.

Not nice to think about. Obviously the point is to make sure you leave nothing valuable in there and make sure doors are locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's all well and good OP, but do you really want to shell out even more in fees to cover the cost of security patrols.

Thieves are opportunistic. If they wanted your satnav and we had security, they'd simply wait for the patrol to move on before making their move. You'd still have lost your satnav, but you would have paid even more for the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

RosieJoe wrote: »

+1
    The management company can't do absoluty everything for you.
    You learned an expensive lesson here OP and leaving a sat nav in a car is just begging for it to be stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I think the OP clearly stated that he knew he shouldn't have left the sat nav in the car...

2 posters telling him it's his own fault doesn't really help matters:rolleyes:

If you want to disagree on the security request go right ahead but I really can't stand people who say I told you so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

dubsgirl wrote: »
    I think the OP clearly stated that he knew he shouldn't have left the sat nav in the car...

2 posters telling him it's his own fault doesn't really help matters:rolleyes:

If you want to disagree on the security request go right ahead but I really can't stand people who say I told you so!

I disagree. I think his post invited this reaction and his disclaimer of "my fault, blah, blah" was just an attempt to dismiss the expected reaction in advance.

Any Garda will tell you that the 1st responsibility with regard to security of possessions lies with the individual.

Reading the original post, I got the impression that this person thinks paying his management company fees entitles him to 24x7 personal security outside his house, ala a former Taoiseach.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    I disagree. I think his post invited this reaction and his disclaimer of "my fault, blah, blah" was just an attempt to dismiss the expected reaction in advance.

Yes am sure it was an attempt to dismiss it and whats wrong with this? He is aware he shouldn't have left his sat nav in the car why do people feel the need to tell him again and again? Just because you leave something in a locked car doesn't mean it's all your fault when some yoke comes and smashes your window to take it. At the very least the OP is making people in this area aware of thieves about!

Try to stay on topic, Dubsgirl. Nobody is saying "I told you so", merely the point being made is that the OP needs to accept some liability for his loss and that the Mgt. Co. are not in any way culpable.

Leave the moderation to the Moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Just because I have a nice BIG tv in my sittingroom, does it mean I am asking for it to be robbed. Surely not.
    Our property should not be interfered with, thats the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Just because I have a nice BIG tv in my sittingroom, does it mean I am asking for it to be robbed. Surely not.
    Our property should not be interfered with, thats the bottom line.

All very true, and of course the OP is right to be so annoyed at the fact that his car was broken into.

However, it seems to me that his anger was aimed more at his management company than either the thieves or himself, and in his outburst seemed to be criticising the fact that they are doing other things right (i.e. cutting the grass and keeping the general area tidy) ahead of keeping his car secure .

Wasn't aware I was off topic?

People saying OP it's your fault are on topic and people saying OP it's not your fault are off topic??

Logic please?

dubsgirl, PM Sent.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement