Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Bold Vs 3G iPhone

• 12-06-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been a Palm Treo fan from day one then switched to Blackberry a couple of years ago first with a Pearl and then, when the predictive text finally cracked me up, to a curve.

I really find the 2G speeds of the Curve limiting and the whole experience a bit clunky so after a year with the Curve have convinced myself it's time to upgrade and the new Blackerry Bold or 3G iPhone are in my sights.

Can anyone help me decide? My priorities in descending order are:-

Call quality inc hands free
    Email functionality including opening and amending attachments
    Web browsing both in terms of the speed and page display
    Battery life
    Syncability with Outlook
    3rd party apps

Any comments? I'm off to the US in a few weeks and would like to buy a 3G iPhone there if that's the best option. Does anyone know when the Blackberry Bold will be available for sale in the US?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sjg1234

Im looking at a blackberry boldalso, i measured it up against my BB curve and the BOLD is slightly bigger. Don't kno wmuch else but initall thoughts were a bit disappointing on the size. The curve is as bif as i want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Might be best to wait for the BlackBerry Storm http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Or look at the Nokia E71. It does everything you mentioned very well

Advertisement