Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Shots

• 12-06-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey, I'm planning on doing some travelling later this summer for a few months
    I'll be going to
    Hong kong (stop over for a few days)
    New Zealand (Month)
    Oz (2 months)
    Travelling from Singapore through Malayasia to Bangkok (3 weeks)

Just wondering do i need to have some shots for these countries, the rough prices for them and where to get them done?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

I'm not sure about the other countries but i'm going to Thailand this summer and i got my injections two weeks ago.If you are only staying in Bangkok you do not need to get the malaria tablets,as i plan on travelling north i had to get them. I got both hepatitis injections a+b and one other one can't remevber could have been typhoid or polio.Got them done in the tropical medical Bureau in Dun Laoghaire.

I would recommend you go down yourself.Its actually an excellent service and the doctor brings you in and gives you one to one advice on what you need in every place you intend to visit.

My three shots and 30mins with the doctor came to €135.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm in new zealand at the mo and came here via two weeks in Malaysia. You don't need any shots for NZ but for Malaysia I got hep A/Typhoid and tetanus. You also need malaria if you're going to the jungle.

Check out this site www.tmb.ie. It'll tell you what jabs you need for what country and how much it'll cost - if you go to a tmb clinic. That's where I got mint done and they were very good.

Advertisement