Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay go on explain that!

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

;)

Bloody digiweb :pac:

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

strange lack of activity there. boards was up and running for at least the past 5 minutes, with no activity whatsoever. i thought there might have been a nuke in Dublin or something... or hoped... :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

From Twitter - Digiweb appears to be on the fritz, as such boards.ie is encountering connectivity issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

I couldn't get on to the site at all. Seemed to be something wrong at the site end though, as the message I was getting was that the connection had times out. My own internet access was grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's one of the first experiences of downtime from digiweb so I suppose we'll have to let them away this time!

From twitter:
    Digiweb appears to be on the fritz, as such boards.ie is encountering connectivity issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

strange lack of activity there. boards was up and running for at least the past 5 minutes, with no activity whatsoever. i thought there might have been a nuke in Dublin or something... or hoped... :pac:

Nah, we just unplugged Galway for a bit to stir things up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

microgirl wrote: »
    I couldn't get on to the site at all. Seemed to be something wrong at the site end though, as the message I was getting was that the connection had times out. My own internet access was grand though.

yeah. the host's hamsters had a minor rebellion. apparently artificial light isn't good enough for them. they want a Velux, fancy pants. it was put down fairly quickly anyway. they got a few Gerbils in to bully 'em back into working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

About bloody time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My finger is sore.. an hour tapping refresh hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

digiweb.ie was down (again) for about an hour or two. The last straw? Maybe boards.ie should move to a more reliable provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

unkel wrote: »
    digiweb.ie was down (again) for about an hour or two. The last straw? Maybe boards.ie should move to a more reliable provider?

I dunno if your joking or not but tbh, iv found things to be fine... There was rarley any issues with Digiweb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

unkel wrote: »

That's hardly fair. digiweb has given little problems hosting wise.

Some other (social networking) sites I use, not to mention youtube, have downtimes that are positively lamentable in comparison to boards (despite their far bigger size and resources-including the Mighty Google).

Yes, it's not perfect, but it's a damn sight better than many. The dark days of the past (and by Christ they were legion) are well behind us now IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's hardly fair. digiweb has given little problems hosting wise.

Some other (social networking) sites I use, not to mention youtube, have downtimes that are positively lamentable in comparison to boards (despite their far bigger size and resources-including the Mighty Google).

Yes, it's not perfect, but it's a damn sight better than many. The dark days of the past (and by Christ they were legion) are well behind us now IMO.
    Agreed.

In general, things have been running really well in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Rb wrote: »
    Agreed.

In general, things have been running really well in the last few months.
    Amen to that! ...and what Roundy said

Advertisement