Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braised Pork - 2 days in advance

• 13-06-2008 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

Last time I was in Eden I thought I heard a waiter mention to a couple about this braised pork dish that you had to order two days in advance. Anyway I forgot to ask about it, does anybody know what the deal is with this, how tasty is it, expensive, for multiple people ?

Also are there any other restaurants that do this ? I would love to try this dish so much. Any places in particular that are known for it ?

And since I am here, are there any other famous dishes from Dublin restaurants that you have to order a week in advance that are delicious ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I don't know what Eden do with their pork, but certain cuts of pork that have been roasted, then allowed to cool overnight, then roasted again - it makes the meat extremely tender. Like melt in your mouth tender. And the crackling will be perfect, with no messing around with kettles of hot water or rubbing with salt required.

That would require a bit of notice, but the meat turns out really, really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Yeah thats what I'm looking for, sounds so good, I must try it

If you know any places that do it and an approx cost(curious) would be much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't know much about Eden, but I know that Oscar Lai mentioned that his restaurant requires that you give notice if you want one of his pork dishes. (Eden isn't his restaurant, is it?)

He's in charge of Sixty6 as far as I know. Haven't been there in a while, will definitely order that if I return. I wonder if their other place Quarterbar House and Grill does this dish as well, chances are I will be going there sooner or later, will have to ask when we ring up.

Do you have any idea on a cost and how nice this dish is ? If you know of any other similar dishes that require you order it a few days in advance, please do let me know :)

Thanks for all the help so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ooh scratch that. Just had a look at Sixty6's website. They do a roast suckling pig that has to be ordered 7 days in advance for 8 or more people to share! Probably not what you are looking for!

Edit: It's also 345 euro!

• Advertisement

That sounds tasty mmmm

If I could get 7/8 people to all agree to that(so unlikely), I would order it in a heartbeat. Thinking more of for 1 person if possible, if not 2/3 max really

Had a look at the Eden restaurant online to no avail, going to check a few more

Advertisement