Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using a make up brush for 1st time

• 13-06-2008 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

This thread may seem a bit silly to some but bear with me,Im learning! I bought a foundation brush today in the body shop as i always read such great things about brushes here. chatted to the girl instore and bought one for my liquid foundation. got home and decided to try it out. how the hell do you use it without having brush streaks on your face? i resorted back to the sponge i always use..help! i paid a bomb! i even dampened it a little like she said.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blend blend blend!

Just put a small amount of foundation on with the brush and like a, eh, picture, paint it on your face.

Start from the nose area and work out (as this is normally where most coverage is needed) and blend away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Put a blob of foundation on the back of your hand, then dip the brush into it taking a little at a time and applying it to your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Use very short, fast blending motions, almost like patting rather then using strokes. I actually prefer applying by hand as I feel I have more control, brush's take much longer as there less surface area covered at once (some people like the mac 187 for liquid foundation aswell) I suppose just practise, and if after if after a while you decide you prefer your previous method, go with that, everybodys different.

Ouu, and if you annoyed you payed for the brush and find you cant use it, makeup alley is great for swapping makeup stuff. You could also use it for heavier foundation coverage / concealer on certain area's, or for cream blush or highlighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

yup what the others said! I use a manicare foundation brush. Put a blob of foundation on the back of your hand and then put a small bit on the foundation brush and paint your face. The trick is (i think) to hold the brush a bit parallel to your face rather than perpendicular (if that makes any sense!)

Advertisement