Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more hearing the word Study!!

Options
  • 13-06-2008 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Please beware that reader discretion is advised below. Some text does include strong frontal abusive language mocking the time when we learned the Phonetics of the Alphabet as a child.

So here we are, all the worry coming to an end. No more stress. No more parents saying, "STUDY" over and over again! If someone was to ask me what was the worst part of the L.C, it would be the fact that we never heard the end of "Study" for the whole year.
    It put me down every time I heard it. If I heard, read that chapter, do that question, go over that, I wouldn't be affected as much. I'm not gonna type the S word again because its depressing typing it and my keyboard doesn't like it either!

If I had to choose one word to take out of ALL the dictionaries in the world I would choose the S word! From the Irish dictionaries, French dictionaries, German dictionaries, latin dictionaries, brazilian dictionaries...etc

If I had to say it to save my life, I wouldn't. If I got 1 million Japanese Yen for saying it I wouldn't, If I had to say it to save my Aunty marys' cousin in laws' pet goldfish I wouldn't!

If I was to re-arrange the alphabet I would put S, T, U, D, and Y as far away from each other as possible!

If I was to go back to playschool I would cut 'Sami Snake' in half and run over him, I would tick 'Ticking Tom/Tess' around a clock so fast that they would die of dissyness(then put them in a blender), I would Uppercut 'Uppy umberella -ella -ella' until she dies of severe brain damage, I would Dipp 'Dippy Duck's' head into Mt St.Helens lava chamber and I would YOYO 'Yellow Yo Yo Man' Off the edge of the Grand canyon and then cut the string!

Don't get me started on 'Revise'...

No real purpose of offending Sami Snake, Ticking Tom/Tess, Uppy umberella -ella -ella, Dippy Duck's and Yellow Yo Yo Man was meant in this text and was used strictly for argumentative purposes only.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

This thread has sent me on a nostalgia trip.

Does anyone know where I could buy those long alphabet posters that are in every baby/senior infants class or at least were 'round 1996? My bedroom is just missing that certain something, and I think this might be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

:D:D:D

hHshstory.gif

blue-army wrote: »
    :D:D:D

hHshstory.gif

ha nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

BaRcOe wrote: »

My school had more awesome posters that were like 5m x 15cm and whose background resembled the first level in Sonic 2.

Maybe I should just make one myself. I could use those little plastic scissors from primary school that can't cut anything! omg memories.

• Advertisement

Maybe I should just make one myself. I could use those little plastic scissors from primary school that can't cut anything! omg memories.

Aw yeh, they were da worst scissors in the world, but hey the colour and plasticness were very appealing. I loved them foamy letters/numbers that had frames and you would take the frame from around d letter/put it back on around the letter. Maybe dat was just my school, i don't know, its too hard to remember!

Errh getting a bit off topic on this thread...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

A Letterland. What memories. Those were the carefree days.

we were so innocent back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Waaah I still have my music exam. :(

In German today everyone cheered when the tape ended but us music people couldnt. Ohhhhh angst!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

BaRcOe wrote: »
    ha nice!
    Oh my god its all coming back to me now, I definitely remember A being a apple

sammy snake good times

• Advertisement

Wicked witch fell into the water or somethin, wasnt it? lol

Ive never seen a thread go more OFF-Topic than this one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

12204838.jpg

Woohoo finished today after TD PII!!

No more hearing the S word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

You know they changed Letterland since we were small? My little cousins know all these other people...:(

Fuascailt wrote: »
    You know they changed Letterland since we were small? My little cousins know all these other people...:(

Whoever "they" are, how could they?? Sure look how we turned out after using sami snake uppy umbrella.... etc!!!

ow-er fan-et-icks- ar brill-ee-ant

Advertisement