Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You still playing??

Options
  • 13-06-2008 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Sooooo...i started WOW when it first came out,i was in one of the first guilds in killrog server and spent 2 years playing and getting completely hooked,i dont know what its like now but i skipped work,meeting girlfriend etc..then i decided to go to australia just before the the first extension came out and now a year later im dying to get back in but im afraid it will go back to what i was like.

Even if its to see are some of my old guild around in the same server but i had some great times and im probably well behind,is it worth getting back in?

Is there too many online games out now? Fill me in....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Still a lot of people playing. With all the improvements that have come with each patch you'd have to say the game is better now than it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

deffo at its best now. if u didnt delete all ur toons and u have a 60 presumably then jump back in and hit outlands..its amazing!

and tell the girlfriend to stfu!!

if u have no toons on ur account now then start levling now beofre the expansion comes out and the new class, death knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

Levelling is very easy now as blizz have increased the kill xp for mobs and quest xp between 20-60, doesn't take long now at all. If you go to a server where a mate is playing then they can help you get started with a little gold and some boosts, whisper me if you roll on the alliance side on the burning steppes server

alliance?!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dont worry i have a horde druid hanging around as well :)

both sides have their advantages and both sides have their disadvantages, i find it easier to level toons early on on the alliance side so mainly based there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Stopped playing around 24th of may, account ran out on the 3rd of June /proud

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

<-- Still playing on Kilrogg alliance - 2 lvl 70 toons, working on a warrior at the moment. :)

/ponder the proportion of horde to alliance with Irish players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Moved on to Age of Conan and cancelled wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dcully wrote: »
    Moved on to Age of Conan and cancelled wow. I also used to be cool, but not anymore.

Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Shaddup Cohen!:pac:

Anyway, sure WoW gives you some good times but you also said you didn't want to go back to the way you were when playing it. Ask yourself, how did you feel back then playing just before you quit. Did you really want to quit for yourself, or was it for other people? Caring about what they thought of you, etc.

I quit WoW a few months back. I even feel like playing a bit every now and again (crackhead!), because most of my friends still play it. I got them into it too....

Support a different MMORPG if you decide to go back in my opinion. WoW creators, Blizzard, are just money hungry b@stards now to be honest. And the quality of things are only improved slightly with each buggy updates. Oh wait, you won't notice a single thing other than classes getting buffed (+) and nerfed (-) at random.

Fixed.

More like i got bored with its content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Taking a break from MMOs. Too much work on my hands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Zarbon wrote: »
    Support a different MMORPG if you decide to go back in my opinion. WoW creators, Blizzard, are just money hungry b@stards now to be honest. And the quality of things are only improved slightly with each buggy updates. Oh wait, you won't notice a single thing other than classes getting buffed (+) and nerfed (-) at random.

Rubbish. Utter bollocks.

Look at the mess that AOC is to see how much wow has come on. Wow is completely different to what it was at launch which is where aoc is now.

AOC a mess?
    Have you played it?

Dont base your opinion on the moaning bitches on official forums or 3rd party mmo sites.
    Its a lot more polished than wow was a month after release.

Yeah it has its fair share of bugs like any new mmo but to label it a mess is crazy.
    Even with the bugs its a LOT more fun than wow so far imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Dustaz wrote: »
    Rubbish. Utter bollocks.

Look at the mess that AOC is to see how much wow has come on. Wow is completely different to what it was at launch which is where aoc is now.

I have to agree.

Don't get me wrong i have stopped playing WoW about 4 times over the last few year, Because of a few things, Pissed off with nublords. Just have nothing to do or how lame Rogues are with Cloak of lameness (Cloak of Shadows) and second life :P (Cheat Death)

But i am still playing, And having fun in sunwell. I am getting bored of my Mage and thinking of rerolling a shaman or another hunter.

I think il never really be able to quit WoW,

I think il never really be able to quit WoW,

LOL i have quit atleast 5 times over the years and have always gone back.
    As much as im enjoying aoc and look forward to war i cant say i wont be back to wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Played from release till around Oct 07. Been off WoW since, account has run out, chucked discs, deleted it from the PC.

But to be honest I miss the little things like the Elemental Mastry + Chain Lightning + Trinket(s) + Zerking tripple kill in the BG's though. That one still makes me smile thinking of it, best game of AB ever. 3 Allience trying to take the flag.... poof their all dead :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Dustaz wrote: »
    Rubbish. Utter bollocks.

Ok so it's rubbish to say anything negative about WoW. Being the number one MMO at the moment gives automatic perfection. Think not. But anyway the main thing, is it wrong to support a new MMORPG? No? Bye.

Quit and lovin' it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, Warcraft is totally different now then it was at launch. Thats cuase its been out for 2 years. Give Conan two years, and it will be a far better MMO, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Kiith wrote: »
    Yes, Warcraft is totally different now then it was at launch. Thats cuase its been out for 2 years. Give Conan two years, and it will be a far better MMO, imo.

When it does become better i might think of changing to it. Well i will at least give it 6months so it can sort it self out and add more features to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I started MMOs playing Final Fantazy 11. Loved it when I first started, got a Summoner to level 20 but quit when I couldnt topple Shiva, and found the fame system very tough.

So I left and a few months later tried guild wars. I know there are fans of it out there, but i thought it was one of the poorest designed games ever. Hated it!

Then came WOW (when I quit my job), and I loved it, played it non-stop. Got a good few of my mates hook and my girlfriend, and even though I left for 6 months Im back and helping out my new guild get everyone well speced and enjoying the game.

AOC doesnt have much appeal for me, it looks nice, but not what I am looking for. Im a verteran Warhammer player, so if Im gonna play the Beta, but it will have to be something amazing to pull me from WOW. I love it. Made friends there and I put alot of time in guilds and my characters.

I left and came back cos its the game for me. But Im sure conan does a free trial like WOW still does, so if u wanna check that out... i guess, DO!

WOW is 100% my game tho! :D

i think when my current subscription runs out, few weeks, that i might give aoc a chance. its still a might though!!

on american forums im reading page after page of people that have leveled in aoc up to 50ish and decided to pack it in already so i dunno.

also i dunno if my current system could run it hassle free.

and im about to ding 70 on my huntard so i wanna try pvp with a ranged class for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

AoC took our GM and a few officers, they are hardcore gamers so it must be decent at least. Sucks for the rest of us though, hard to get any 25mans going when you lose key players. Quite a few mixed thoughts on AoC going around but I cant really comment as I have not played it.
    On Doomhammer its still pretty active, but as we're in summer many people prefer to head outdoors. A lot of quitters will be back for WotLK no doubt. Not sure if I'm looking forward to leveling my main chars again, but new content looks pretty sweet. Oh and how could I forget... changeable hairstyles ZOMG!!1one

:D

Advertisement