Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library of The Nocturnal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Terry Pratchett - Going Postal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Terry Pratchett - Going Postal

Apparently that's the next one they are making into a movie, I hope they don't screw it up cos it was one of the better books in the series imo

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

just read smut. beat yourself off and pass right out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

orestes wrote: »
    Apparently that's the next one they are making into a movie, I hope they don't screw it up cos it was one of the better books in the series imo

Ywah, I love it. Would like to see it on tv.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm currently reading Prachett's Making Money - I find him to be great reading before sleepy time. Either that or whatever graphic novels/collected comics I have lying around. The Dark Knight or Watchmen usually :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jaysis, Dark Knight or watchmen?

Would you not go for something a bit lighter in the wee small hours? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

At the moment I am reading a book called Do Ants Have Arseholes and 101 other questions.

animan wrote: »
    At the moment I am reading a book called Do Ants Have Arseholes and 101 other questions.

Is that the one thats told from the perspective of this old gentlemans club and just makes up the answers, taking the piss from QI?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Indeed it is. And btw ants do have arseholes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

SDooM wrote: »
    Jaysis, Dark Knight or watchmen?

Would you not go for something a bit lighter in the wee small hours? :)

The darker side of life/literature/art/music just appeals more. I'd usually be listening to some filthy horrendous Doom whislt reading or drifting off to sleep too.

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    The darker side of life/literature/art/music just appeals more. I'd usually be listening to some filthy horrendous Doom whislt reading or drifting off to sleep too.

Excuse me, I am quite clean!

Actually the message in Dark Knight isn't so dark, compared to Watchmen. Frank Miller is quite the "good conquers all" romantic comic book writer in his own little way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

My problem is that once I get into a book I'll keep reading and stay awake in order to finish the book rather than sleep - this led my to falling asleep a couple of times in school, especially in fifth year:o

Still do this - nowadays leads to me being a zombie the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭trout

real zombies don't need school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Just to clarify it doesnt lead to me being an actual zombie, just made me seem like same to other people, due to my slow-paced stumbling and lust for fresh brains

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Kharn wrote: »
    I'm currently reading Prachett's Making Money - I find him to be great reading before sleepy time. Either that or whatever graphic novels/collected comics I have lying around. The Dark Knight or Watchmen usually :)

I thought Making Money and Going Postal were pretty poor actually. I also prefer more of the Night Watch.

Ive just finished reading a bunch of Clive Cusslers and have now moved onto James Rollins. They are both pretty similar authors.
    Prevously it was al of my Pratchetts again, Pyramids and Small Gods FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I usually go with Pratchett too, I'm rereading Thud! at the minute (the City Watch ones have always been my favourites :))

Quite a lot of nocturnals seem to be Pratchett fans from this thread.

People staying up all night reading fantasy books and posting on the internet, geeky-stereotypes ftw! :D
    City Watch ones are always the best tbh. The witches are my least favourite.
    Really? Great! I enjoyed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

"Sniper One" is my current bedside locker book; finish it tonight I'd say.

Got "21...." to start. Must get a deck and start learning how to count..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Memoirs of a Geisha is my fave book.

Also liked To Kill A Mockingbird.

At the moment, I've just began to read I Choose To Live, where Sabine Dardenne tells her story about her kidnapping.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Finished reading 'Hell House' last night (again). Don't know why, but I always want to read that book just before bed, and by candle light for extra atmosphere (also cos my OH is trying to sleep so if I have the bedside light on it's not fair on him).

Think I'll re-read Disasters at Sea tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

As well as juggling other books right now I am almost at the end of Stephen King's IT. I have been dragging it on for a couple of years now and in a way I don't want to finish it, I have really enjoyed it. However it will be finished by the end of this week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Going through Catch 22 at the moment. Hated it at first and gave up but started reading it again and I'm really enjoying it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I was alternately making my way though the works of Phillip K. Dick and Cormac McCarthy. I took a little break from that after Child of God and to lighten the tone I read The Wasp Factory. Right now I'm almost finished The Man Who Was Thursday which is excellent and after that I'm going to continue with Pratchett. Mort is up next and then I'll probably get to Men At Arms. Don't worry, I've read Guards! Guards! After that maybe more Dick, or maybe something else entirely.

Currently reading A java video game development book. Not exactly fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Still not finished yet, but I will be before Sunday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

just bought all the chronicals or narnia.
    havent read them since i was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The lincoln Laywer by Michael Connolly is very good, Highly recommended.

lincolnlawyer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

Reading God made Sunday and other stories by Walter Macken at the moment attention span is bad tonight so short stories are great to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Finished both books above.

"Wild Fire" 'Nelson Demille' is up next.

Highly recommend 'SniperOne' and 'Bringing Down The House'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

readin 'a fortune teller told me' by tiziano terzani (took a break of it for hmm 7 months)
    also 'the five people you meet in heaven' which i havnt finished either.
    i find it it hard to find a good book but when i do i get stuck in.

Advertisement