Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Jet Hire possible for average person?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I imagine it's not feasible but would anyone have any idea how much it would cost to charter a private jet?

For example, a flight from Waterford to Brussels or elsewhere. Are you talking thousands of euro? I know it's impossible to have exact prices but would you be talking €2,000 or more like €20,000?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Would prob depend on size of plane etc...! But I'd say it'd be around €20,000. Have to pay for the plane,pilots,maybe a cabin crew member and can't forget landing fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Talk to the guys in Mach Aviation they do all this sort of stuff and can probably tell you how much it will cost etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well they dont tell you how much it will cost them to operate it :P

Few years ago priced a Gulfstream V from Dublin to Malaga......7k per person (can take 8 AFAIK)

If you were very interested contact Netjets or Westair Shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Well they dont tell you how much it will cost them to operate it :P

Few years ago priced a Gulfstream V from Dublin to Malaga......7k per person (can take 8 AFAIK)

If you were very interested contact Netjets or Westair Shannon.

Gulfstream V can seat up to 19 passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tweety1

i know the owner of weston has a private plane that he rents out...
    might be worth ringing weston for a quote?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Yep, the NFC rent out Citations including Mr Mansfield's own. But it's never cheap to hire a jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I've done the whole corporate jet thing as a freebie, totally not worth the money. I'd rather be up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scab-e

got a free trip on a private jet a few years ago. No jacks, so low that couldn't stand up on the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

kraggy wrote: »
    Gulfstream V can seat up to 19 passengers.

It depends on seat configuration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Netjets would be the way to go.

http://www.netjets.com/

Very frequent visitors to EICM/GWY Galway too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for all the replies lads, very much appreciated.

I might make a few calls on Monday to check prices but going on what you've said their as prohibitive as I imagined.

A few of us were flying to Europe and I thought based on ticket prices and the amount of us going (and a large chunk of cash for the novelty) it might have been worth it.

Turns out only 3 people are going now though, so it probably won't make any financial sense.

Thanks again for the info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Netjets are the best but you have to purchase 20 hours at a time or become a part owner to be in that club. Jets265.ie is an irish operation. However they dont own any aircraft, but act as agents for people that own jets and want to rent them out. Expect to pay about €6k per hour, but this is open to haggling on the price!

I did hear of a friend of mine that got a return flight to Bournemouth for €4k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

scab-e wrote: »
    got a free trip on a private jet a few years ago. No jacks, so low that couldn't stand up on the plane.
    What Jet was it? Are you sure you looked properly, i.e. some jets have a trap door at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Learjet 45 does not have a loo.......I think the 60 does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

testicle wrote: »
    It depends on seat configuration

Which is why I said "up to".

Advertisement