Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Resetting" electric windows on W210 EClass

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

I locked my EClass with drivers window open. When I got back in and put window up, it now wont work.

I wonder has it just "crashed" or something. I remember when I got this door replaced 1 year ago, the window wouldnt work and when I popped into the garage, the guy did something like hold down the window buttons for a certain time together to reset the system and then it worked again. I wanna try this before I go to a garage and get them to look at it to see if its broken to save myself a waste of time and maybe money but cant rememebr how to do it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

If its the same as Toyota or VW, raise the windows to fully closed and then hold the window switches up in the closing position for several seconds. It should tell you how to do this in you owners manual if you still have it, this info will either be under a heading like global closing after reconnecting your battery.

If the window will not close even when you hold the switch in the closing position, its probably a loose connection at the switch, are the switches mounted on the door that was replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Hi thanks for your reply

I should state though that the window did go up to fully closed firstly but now it wont go back down again.

Thanks!

Advertisement