Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's Irish Times

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

patbundy wrote: »
    i agree B'man. again i say welldone to the midlands and to the lads that were there . the report is brilliant,almost perfect but he forgot one small little line.(im sorry lads,i messed up)

You're kind of missing the fact that your begrudgery is throwing the hard work and input of the Midlands and 'the lads that were there' back in their faces.

They went out on a limb for the good of their sport and to help balance a perceived wrong and all you can do is say it wasn't enough.

Leave out Dr. Clonan for a minute. This was the Irish Times, that had no reason to make a gesture towards us and they did it in spades. Who else gets a full page on the day of a referendum?

If we ever want to go back to that well again, we may find it dried out by such begudgery.

I say fair play to everyone involved without qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

i think you want to read the posts again buddy

i think you want to read the posts again buddy

I read the posts and you're qualifying your praise for those involved with requests for apologies which to my mind the Irish Times doesn't need to deliver.

If you want a personal apology from Dr. Clonan, I suggest you email him directly, but don't involve the Irish Times or their editorial staff by association.

if he done it on mainline tv he can do it on main line press,i dont want personaly ,i want it for all shooters in ireland

if he done it on mainline tv he can do it on main line press,i dont want personaly ,i want it for all shooters in ireland

You're missing my point. Deliberately?

And who died and made you spokesperson for all the shooters in Ireland?

• Advertisement

eh no.

who died?didnt say i was a speaker for all the the shooter ,now did i. sorry clash ,just reread my my post ,have to admit it does look like it

who died?didnt say i was a speaker for all the the shooter ,now did i. sorry clash ,just reread my my post ,have to admit it does look like it

Mmmm :D

Fair play for the admission.

Re-read the thread and a quick count gives 17 posters who gave an unqualiifed thumbs up and 6 who qualified their praise of it or were not impressed.

That includes the hair who came down firmly on both sides :D

clash,the boys in the midlands done brilliant,done us all proud, all im looking for is a little word call sorry from clonan.is that too much to ask for buddy

clash,the boys in the midlands done brilliant,done us all proud, all im looking for is a little word call sorry from clonan.is that too much to ask for buddy

Sorry's just a word.

"Ye shall know them by their words"

"Judge not that ye be not judged"

• Advertisement

have to admit clash wow,now im stump:D,that little word goes a very long way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Clash wrote: »
    Mmmm :D

That includes the hair who came down firmly on both sides :D
    what do you mean clash STEVE

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Heard back from the BCC that the article in the Times cannot be taken into account during the hearing on the BCC complaint (which is due to be considered this month).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That was to be expected.Outside influences after the fact an all.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

No, it was because it wasn't addressed to the BCC. Clonan would have to contact them directly for it to count, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Just wondering did the original 5 get a copy of 2 more recent BCC complaints. One from me and someone else.

Nope Vegeta, but we wouldn't - the BCC only sent out the RTE response to the first five because RTE gave one response to the five complaints. Normally, a complainant isn't meant to get anyone else's complaint or response.

Sparks wrote: »
    Nope Vegeta, but we wouldn't - the BCC only sent out the RTE response to the first five because RTE gave one response to the five complaints. Normally, a complainant isn't meant to get anyone else's complaint or response.

I got the response they sent to you guys and the response to my complaint.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Is RTE's repsinse posted somewhere I must have missed it. Saw the repsonse from the reporter in the paper, pretty weak.

Interesting Veg. Any real differences?
    Rew, they're up in the Prime Time thread.

• Advertisement

Interesting Veg. Any real differences?

No, no real differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

No, it was because it wasn't addressed to the BCC. Clonan would have to contact them directly for it to count, alas.

Time to stand up and be counted ?

Advertisement