Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sean Kelly Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi have signed up for the spin (my knee will hopefully be sorted!) and looking forward to seeing the Boards folks there. WIll go down the evening before, my wife's folks live in New Ross, though might stay in Dungarvan or somewhere. See you there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Looks like I won't be able to do this after all as I'll be in Spain for the last two weeks of August. Still, plenty of big mountains for me to climb over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

el tonto wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be able to do this after all as I'll be in Spain for the last two weeks of August. Still, plenty of big mountains for me to climb over there.

I will be in Bordeaux (dad's) and Biarritz ( mum's) the week before the SKT ... without my bike ... I am wondering of I could take my Alu bike with me even if I haven't booked for it when I purchased my tickets ... on Aer Lingus and Ryan air ... for an extra bit of training.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I will be in Bordeaux (dad's) and Biarritz ( mum's) the week before the SKT ... without my bike ... I am wondering of I could take my Alu bike with me even if I haven't booked for it when I purchased my tickets ... on Aer Lingus and Ryan air ... for an extra bit of training.

There's been a few threads abotu this before, like this one. I'm lucky. I keep a bike in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You should be able to, if you ring to modify your booking- this is the only way to do it on Aer Lingus anyway, they don't take bike bookings with the actual booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I'll just bring my trek 1000 this time around :o) woohoo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

should be a good one the sean kelly one, seskin isnt that bad, in the pic picture its a couple of minutes in all, maybe im just the optimist, wicklow was fun but it struck me the twice ive done it has only been in good dry conditions, i dont think id be so eager in the rain, anyone experience of the wicklow in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Is any 200k cycle good in the rain? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

well was thinking more in terms of the decents with so many people en route. 200km sure in ireland theres a good chance theres rain to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i did the 160km last year, hopefully i'll be around again this year for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

If anyone is stuck for accomadation drop me a pm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Junior wrote: »
    If anyone is stuck for accomadation drop me a pm...

PM sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I'll let you know this evening dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Junior wrote: »
    I'll let you know this evening dude :)

Thanks a lot. Don't put yourself under any stress though, I'll find somewhere.
    There must be a camp site nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Signing up for the 100km route. (I'll be telling everyone that I'm 'doing the Sean Kelly legacy' though). Looks like a good challenge.

Advertisement