Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE suggests treaty is in trouble...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭monroe

And so I thought. He is disgusted that the No's are winning, arguing with any No side panellist and throwing in snide remarks. His attitude to Patricia McKenna is shocking and he should be censored for his performance

Have you never watched Kenny's idea of an interview on the Late late......he's probably the last person I could bear to listen to on this subject...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

the majority of the electorate chose not to vote.

Yes so they didn't vote. I responding to a post that stated that the "whole country seems to be saying no" when in fact (according to the tallies so far) a little over 1/4 was saying no, a little under 1/4 were saying yes and a little over a 1/2 were silent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

That's that then. The democratic process worked.
    Time to move on.
    Hopefully our leaders get the message out properly for Lisbon 2 if there ever is one.

Finnian McGrath (No Camp) on RTE now actually still talking rubbish.
    IT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CONSCRIPTED INTO A EUROPEAN ARMY FINNIAN !

Here comes Ganly from Libertas.
    Should be good to hear an English accent europhile/phobe/whatever
    telling us its a great day to be Oirish.

(NB - There's nothing wrong whatsoever with being English so don't take it that way thanks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Was about to say, where did Ganley pick up the accent? Presumably those US contracts don't allow galway accents ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Pal wrote: »

Should be good to hear an English europhile/phobe/whatever

There's nothing quite like hearing an English accent saying "It's a great day to be Irish". :pac:

I see he's still going on about us holding on to the commisioner, has he ever commented on the fact that we're going to lose it anyway next year or did he overlook that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Planks of wood are rarely free-standing, they usually lean on something.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Arabel wrote: »
    There's nothing quite like hearing an English accent saying "It's a great day to be Irish". :pac:

I see he's still going on about us holding on to the commisioner, has he ever commented on the fact that we're going to lose it anyway next year or did he overlook that?

i am not listening at the moment, but why isnt there anyone there to correct him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

And so I thought. He is disgusted that the No's are winning, arguing with any No side panellist and throwing in snide remarks. His attitude to Patricia McKenna is shocking and he should be censored for his performance

If fairness he asked her a question of what Brian Cowen should do and after waffling around for a couple of minutes he basically told her to answer the question. Thought he was better than normal, actually getting a politican to answer the question rather than bull around it. Her response said it all really about her and his idignation was more to do with the fact that she didn't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Call_me_al wrote: »
    i am not listening at the moment, but why isnt there anyone there to correct him?

Dobbo just let it slide and Ganley just kept on saying that it was a great day for democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

They have Mary Lou on now.

I will restrain myself and say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Arabel wrote: »

Yes I love when Michael Mansergh says the same ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

draffodx wrote: »
    Europe has been good to us so I'm voting yes so they wont hate us

I hate SF so i'm voting yes

I dont have a clue what its about but I'm voting yes because my party leader says to vote yes

Everyone else in europe has ratified it so we should

If its no then theres no plan b so were screwed so I'm voting yes

a few of the things I've heard my auntie even voted yes just to annoy her husband

This sounds like something straight out of the Lemmings Guide to Voting in a referendum. With regard to you voting yes because "my party leader says to vote yes", I assume that you are actually a FF member and of course Biffo told ya'll that anyone who didn't follow the party line on this one can get out of the party. With regard to, "Everyone else in Europe has ratified it so we should". Firstly this is completely innaccurate, because two countries have already thrown this treaty out in the form of a proposed constitution. Secondly, even if they hadn't, this mentality of following the crowd and not standing up is called appeasement and is attributed to the rise of Nazism before WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Frog bitch on RTE saying we're an ungrateful shower of ****s for voting no, all they've done for us etc. Give us our freakin' fish back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dresden8 wrote: »
    Frog bitch on RTE saying we're an ungrateful shower of ****s for voting no, all they've done for us etc. Give us our freakin' fish back.
    They want all their wine back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Very difficult to listen to her caterwauling though. I find her arguments generally to be very lame.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They want all their wine back.

I'm planting vines this summer - Chateau Moate 09' - a vintage year, they can have their wine :p

Very difficult to listen to her caterwauling though. I find her arguments generally to be very lame.

Point taken on the caterwauling, but Kenny bleats like a ewe in heat half the time also....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I dunno, while I thought she was very aggressive in her stance I can largely understand it from the Brussels point of view. Everytime, as they see it, they try and get things done, they get stonewalled by their shortarse mate who just says no to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Being racist about it just makes you look bad.

• Advertisement

Point taken on the caterwauling, but Kenny bleats like a ewe in heat half the time also....

And tbh, I agree he was very biased towards the Yes side today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pal wrote: »
    That's that then. The democratic process worked.
    Time to move on.
    Hopefully our leaders get the message out properly for Lisbon 2 if there ever is one.

Finnian McGrath (No Camp) on RTE now actually still talking rubbish.
    IT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CONSCRIPTED INTO A EUROPEAN ARMY FINNIAN !

Should be good to hear an English europhile/phobe/whatever

Wow nice touch of indirect racism. His parent's were Irish you know and he's lived here since he was 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

She didn't get a chance to make any arguments. He practically shouted her down each time. Didn't hear him treating the men with the same contempt...and yes, he is obviously biased. What a great job there Pat...gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Interesting what reception Mary-Lou will get from Europe when she's back there!!

As for any Irish Euro MP's lobbying for anything for Ireland, I'd guess it will shoved back in their faces.

From being a key and central part of Europe for the past 20 years and a showpiece for growth and prosperity, we are now being pushed to the periphery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Well I'm not condoning her, but everyone was warned that there would be bitterness in Europe if the treaty was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

The problem with this treaty was that it was hard to justify it from a yes perspective. It was just a reform treaty, nothing to put up in lights like that Ireland would get such as peace in the 1998 good friday agreement. It was easy for the no side i.e SF looking for attention to pick holes in it and put it on a poster. Unfortunately the less informed people in our soceity buy into this stuff. Interesting that the more affluent areas say Yes and rural areas say No. If it turns out that a lot of these rural areas did so and seem to becoming less in favour of Europe, maybe we should pull out. No more CAP, European Rural Development Fund, Leader Plus ect. Let see how happy they'd be then, oh well atleast we won't be all conscripted to an EU Army:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

did she actually say we are an ungrateful shower of ***'s?

Or was she just saying she's disapointed the way the vote went etc?

I get the impression that alot of people are seeing bullying and aggression where its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

crash_000 wrote: »
    Was about to say, where did Ganley pick up the accent? Presumably those US contracts don't allow galway accents ;)

he's a long way from Glenamaddy now, that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Most people believed that there would be no bitterness in Europe, let's just see if that pans out. Btw, I don't think it is something people should have based their vote on.

• Advertisement

Micamaca wrote: »
    She didn't get a chance to make any arguments. He practically shouted her down each time. Didn't hear him treating the men with the same contempt...and yes, he is obviously biased. What a great job there Pat...gob.

I'm really talking about the opinions I formed of her during the whole campaign. Like I said, I agree Kenny was biased towards the Yes side today.

Advertisement