Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric window jammed :(

Options
  • 13-06-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with electric windows breaking? My passenger window has jammed and will hardly budge. It sounds like as if there are small stones inside the door when I try closing it. Any taughts on where i can get it fixed, last thing i need is a hefty bill from a stealer :(

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It should be possible to troubleshoot yourself, I had to do this when my driver's side handle stopped letting me open the door (I had to climb in from the passenger side :()

Have a look at the lining on the inside of the door. It should be possible to remove either by just pulling it out, or by removing some screws and unclipping it.

On my door, there was some foam lining glued to the inside of the door, covering the hollow area - I assumed it was for waterproofing. I just slowly and carefully pulled this off, which gave me access to the hollow part. The working of a door is very simple, so it should be obvious what's wrong, unless the actual motor itself is screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Have an old weekend car so well used to playing with these faults. Can you get the door card off & if so take heed of each step so that you can reinstall correctly. Majority of the 'stealers' bill is actually down to labour even when an actual motor needs to be purchased. The fact that you are hearing 'loose stones' could be good/bad, if you do get behind the card you may see an obvious loose connection or a broken part. If a loose connection just refit & WD40/grease like mad. If something broken or something you can not physically see, go surf for you particular car & mintenance posts, the Net is full of such forums.

Good luck..

Advertisement