Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jigsaw thread!

Options
  • 13-06-2008 10:27am

Where is it gone!? :( . I am guessing because of the real names etc but :( .

That was the best thread I've ever read on an internet forum. Lets appreciate it here whoever has read it!

This isn't a complaint at all as I can see why it would have to be closed but lets appreciate it the people who read it. Haven't laughed so hard reading something in ages.

Overview of it

Basically, this Jigsaw guy had made a post about some girl he seen in some political thing on tv/in a newspaper and posted her pic & said he'd really like to meet her etc & was wondering if there was anyone in Galway or Ireland who knew her etc. He went on about how she was the kind of girl he would really like & made a total arse of himself. So the abuse started slow at first with people insulting the girls looks firstly and then calling him a stalker. There was a very funny post from Snyper that was harsh but wont be forgotten( burnt lego ROFL).

Then someone found another post he made like 20 minutes before in the Galway forum seeking advice on B & Bs in Galway..... Thats when the **** hit the fan. The comments/slags etc were just so funny. Then eventually they found his & her bebo as he gave her real name from the paper & his real name was on his profile.... Thats when it got nasty so they closed it. The best parts of it was the abuse RB & the rest of the late night boardsies were giving him along with Jimmy's edited quotes from Jigsaw making him out to be a child molester. Really was good
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Prob deleted as it has info on IRL people in it. We don't want to upset them or risk legal action.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

"Best thread ever"

+1

Anyway we can set up a petition to have it put back up. I only got to page 7 before it got deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah it was great at the start but giving real details of people was stupid and the thread didnt need it.

As collectivly quoted by Call_Me_Jimmy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jigsaw
    I am a perfectly respectable person.

Quote:
    I've watched far too much hardcore p0rn

Quote:
    Seriously though, not a stalker!!

Quote:
    I may come across as a bit of a weirdo, which I assure you all I am not.

Quote:
    Certainly not a stalker btw!!!

Quote:
    People are only getting part of the picture here

Quote:
    Perfectly innocent

Quote:
    sexually aroused by a portrait photograph

Quote:
    I have made an error of judgment

Quote:
    I'm not the bad man you all are painting me to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Smooth avatar 6th. :D

Poor girl. :)

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Smooth avatar 6th. :D

Poor girl. :)
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

6th wrote: »
    Yeah it was great at the start but giving real details of people was stupid and the thread didnt need it.

PMSL laughing at the avatar!

But seriously, the only name that could be construed as being a problem is that of the female in question. The OP's details were already available on boards for all to see.

Definitely the best thread ever so if there's any way we can have it back I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Best thread ever? And I missed it?:(

Coming from someone with Emer's pic in their avatar :p

Such a funny thread. The B & B had me in stiches and Call Me Jimmy A+++,Rb's insults :) & also the dig up of what he does in the shower - all BRILLIANT

Best thread ever? And I missed it?:(
    It was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Anyway we can set up a petition to have it put back up. I only got to page 7 before it got deleted!

I read it really fast suspecting it would be deleted. Got to the lock, so all good.

It dipped a little towards the end with all the bebo stuff, but still a classic.

Lolvatar 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Shyte thread which brought out the horrible in people. Deleted. 6th, maybe you should get rid of that avatar? Y'know, for the sake of the girl in question...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

What's all this about then?

/looks around. Is confused.

Dudess wrote: »
    Shyte thread which brought out the horrible in people. Deleted. 6th, maybe you should get rid of that avatar? Y'know, for the sake of the girl in question...

It wasn't a shite thread by any means. The OP asked a ridiculous question and his uppence did come. The only problem with the thread was posting her picture and name. Other than that nobody got hurt.

I cant get over the fact he posted on the Galway forums to find a B & B. Too funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It wasn't a shite thread by any means. The OP asked a ridiculous question and his uppence did come. The only problem with the thread was posting her picture and name. Other than that nobody got hurt.
    Sorry, I meant "vile" but typed "shyte". It was unfair on the girl. And the comments on her appearance were unnecessary.

Sorry, I meant "vile" but typed "shyte". It was unfair on the girl. And the comments on her appearance were unnecessary.

Can those comments just be edited? Let us have our prize winning thread back!

Yeah that Bronte can be a bitch at times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Couldn't agree more. Let's consign this one to history eh?

• Advertisement

Jigsaw wrote: »
    When are you off to Galway Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yeah that Bronte can be a bitch at times :D

:eek: That is a damn lie and you know it! Poor gal!
    Damn them and their quote editing sneakyness, now she won't be friends with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

am I the only one who thought the girlie was cute? :confused:

Right decision to remove the thread because of the personal info in it but I have to admit I never laughed as much at a boards thread before.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jigsaw, apply in Helpdesk for name change :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Fair enough the quotes on her appearance were bad but that was by a minority of posters.

You have to admit, the unwarranted comments on Emer's appearance aside, there were some classic moments in that thread...

clown bag wrote: »
    am I the only one who thought the girlie was cute? :confused:

No, she was cute (actually I presume she still is?) it was sick folk like Bronte that were mean to the poor girl .... shame on you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

it amazing how things look different in the cold hard light of day (or finally being sober again):D

The thread should be restored if only as a lesson to those who think it's okay to prey on innocent girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I never laughed as much as I did at that thread. It was only 1 or 2 people that were mean about her looks though. If her name hadnt been mentioned it probably could have gone on longer.

My favourite bit was when someone reckoned the OP was half way to Galway, peddling furiously on his new mountain bike.

• Advertisement

Well well well,
    Look what the cat dragged in :D . I'll be nice but there is no way this is being put in the history books just yet. Does looking at 6th's avatar make your feeling go out of control :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement