Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jigsaw thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Certainly sir. Last night I drunkenly started an innocent but ill advised thread about a girl whose photo was online onn the BBC website giving her views on the Lisbon Treaty. I really just meant to say that she was good looking etc, but in reality I came across as a stalker.

I was then utterly owned by the nocturnal Boardsies.
    I remember seeing the same pic but the plane didnt have wifi so I couldnt post on boards.

I do recall thinking she looked a bit like jailbait material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

KaG1888 wrote: »
    The moment from reading the thread where the **** hit the fan is when we dug up a thread you made in the Galway county section asking for advice on B & Bs. The lady in question was in Galway at the time of the said article.

But the Galway B&B thread was started before the BBC webpage containing her image was created so therefore could not be related.

Trust me, my motives for visiting Galway are and always have been pure, that is, if going for a two day pi$$ up is pure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Cant it be brought back and thrown into the Cuckoo's nest or summat? I really want to see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

But the Galway B&B thread was started before the BBC webpage containing her image was created so therefore could not be related.
    Yeah but the coincidence was funny as fcuk. Honourable mention has to go to the guy that started quoting random bits of your posts to make you look like a total psycho. Thread of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No the best bit was definitely when someone called him a monster for going after her on his bike and not giving her a fighting chance! I almost pissed myself!

That was me, and now my only memorable quote is consigned to the recycle bin :(.

I posted it in the thread; the names and personal details should have been edited out to preserve the survival of the thread.
    The comments on the girl were out of order, the thread was all about shaming Jigsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nocturnal boardsies FTW, The thread was brilliant and am happy to have been online for "thread of the year" as everyone seems to be calling it but it definitely had to be deleted. Was going to reach the poor girl especially since her Bebo was found. Even if it was the will of the mods to bring it back without all the personal details, it probably shouldn't because it would diminish the pure greatness of the thread.

kowloon wrote: »
    That was me, and now my only memorable quote is consigned to the recycle bin :(.

I posted it in the thread; the names and personal details should have been edited out to preserve the survival of the thread.
    The comments on the girl were out of order, the thread was all about shaming Jigsaw.

And as it has fulfilled its purpose, it clearly has no need to be resurrected. Let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

tbh wrote: »
    can someone please fill the rest of us in? There's a "Thanks from....tbh" in it for you.

Gets out notebook for the podcast...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Trust me, my motives for visiting Galway are and always have been pure, that is, if going for a two day pi$$ up is pure. :D

OMG, I've cracked it. You decided Galway would be a nice spot to go to get out of Belfast for the 12th. You book your accommodation. Then you Google "Galway girl"...

Bingo!

Stalker thread alive and well.

• Advertisement

And as it has fulfilled its purpose, it clearly has no need to be resurrected. Let's move on.

I wouldn't get so stressed Jigsaw. It's that funny mood people get in during the dark hours. Had you posted it at another time the thread would have died and dropped down the list, forgotten, like everything I post :mad:.

Right I am putting an overview of the thread editted into my original post. Give us a sec :D. I am doing no work over this :)

Done ^

sueme wrote: »
    OMG, I've cracked it. You decided Galway would be a nice spot to go to get out of Belfast for the 12th. You book your accommodation. Then you Google "Galway girl"...

Bingo!

Stalker thread alive and well.

You were right up until the last bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Free the Jigsaw One!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Free the Jigsaw One!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    +1

If Dudess keeps this deleted...well...let the signatures begin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rb wrote: »
    Well, it's official, Dudess turned 30 and is now a dry shíte. You could have just deleted the comments on her appearance, or gotten rid of the picture but deleting such a good thread is just ridiculous.
    Hang on a second Rb. You've no grounds for such a criticism. The phrase is not "dry sh1te", it's "moderator". I did what had to be done. If you're disappointed the thread got closed, blame the... ahem... people who posted personal details about the girl and who made derogatory remarks about her appearance. The thread would still be open if it wasn't for their muppetry - although I think her picture should be deleted too. I only discovered the thread this morning at about 9.30 and there were already over 16 pages.
    I'm at work - I do not have time to trawl through over 16 bloody pages to find the offending posts and edit/delete them. If another AH moderator has time to do so and re-open the thread, then fair enough.

Dudess wrote: »
    Hang on a second Rb. You've no grounds for such a criticism. The phrase is not "dry sh1te", it's "moderator". I did what had to be done. If you're disappointed the thread got closed, blame the... ahem... people who posted personal details about the girl and who made derogatory remarks about her appearance. The thread would still be open if it wasn't for their muppetry - although I think her picture should be deleted too. I only discovered the thread this morning at about 9.30 and there were already over 16 pages.
    I'm at work - I do not have time to trawl through over 16 bloody pages to find the offending posts and edit/delete them. If another AH moderator has time to do so and re-open the thread, then fair enough.

I DO NOT want this reopened. I fully accept that I was drunk, foolish and irresponsible to have started that thread and I am happy to accept the slagging I deserve, but I have just read Kag1888's little summary in the first post to this thread, where he says that both my bebo and the bebo of the girl in question were located and then it "got nasty".

Like I said, it was a silly thread to start, but when it gets into nastiness and throwing personal bebo information about, then I don't think that is very fair.

The insults towards the girl herself die out after about page 5 & even then there isn't that much being said about her. Terry! Have a heart and do it with a crate of Carlsberg tonight :p

just read Kag1888's little summary in the first post to this thread, where he says that both my bebo and the bebo of the girl in question were located and then it "got nasty".

They were editted out by the morning anyway. Should be grand there. Bah it is too funny to not let people see!

If and when an AH mod has time it'd be great to just get rid of the offending posts and let the main body of what was a highly interesting thread be read by the masses. It is seriously lol material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Advertisement

If and when an AH mod has time it'd be great to just get rid of the offending posts and let the main body of what was a highly interesting thread be read by the masses. It is seriously lol material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Not lol for everyone though.

The bebo stuff was taking it too far, it should have been confined to boards.
    It would be highly amusing to have it back with the names removed but in its original form it had do be deleted.
    If it was know your nerds the comments on the girls looks would have resulted in a ban, the girl in question should be afforded the same repect.

Jigsaw on the other hand is a filthy perverted stalker type who wallows in a dark filth encrusted room surrounded by sticky tissues :pac:.
    (;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I for one think that if the thread is brought back it should be locked that way the thread itself cant be ruined and we can keep our memories of the great thread happily in our hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Story just up on breakingnews.ie

Apparently a girl has gone missing in the Galway/Roscommon region. Last seen getting a backer from an unidentified male.
    "You've been Jigstalked"

Boards.ie: now ye're jigstalkin'

Gordon wrote: »
    "You've been Jigstalked"

:Dlegend:D

jsb wrote: »
    I for one think that if the thread is brought back it should be locked that way the thread itself cant be ruined and we can keep our memories of the great thread happily in our hearts

Yeah, so I can be made a cnut of on a daily basis forever??

Seriously guys, have your laugh - no problem with that, then let go.

Gordon wrote: »
    "You've been Jigstalked"

lol exactly Gordon it should be immortalised forever in boards folklore, especially on the biki. I may be horribly drunk posting this but I heart the thread nonetheless. Jigsaw forever!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dudess: I have time on my hands, if you can transfer it to the Small Stakes Study Group I'll edit whatever necessary posts and shift it back to AH. Then it can be locked and linked for nominations for the best thread of the year. That's if it's possible though...

Yeah, so I can be made a cnut of on a daily basis forever??

Seriously guys, have your laugh - no problem with that, then let go.

It's not even about you anymore, it's the magnitute of the attack and the digging of holes that made it funny. Continue to post as you always did and be happy that you will be remembered.

• Advertisement

Another good part was when he said his posts on the legal discussion forums wouldnt be seen in the same light anymore. ****ing classic! ****ing right they wont.

The magnitude of the thread is evident by pointing out that Xavi is keeping tabs on it from a sunny bar down under while getting **** faced(lucky wanker :p)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement