Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jigsaw thread!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Rb wrote: »
    The evidence pointed towards him being more sober than drunk tbh. If you manage to get a read of the thread you'll see this.

It's the usual "I was drunk!" defence tbh.

Why would a sober young man with a relatively important job be awake at 4.14am posting on Boards UNLESS he was locked. I'd hardly be sitting up to that time if I wasn't full like.

I typed what I typed, but it is important for everyone to realise that they were the words of a man who had taken drink in considerable quantities, not the clinical words of a completely sober individual - big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Why would a sober young man with a relatively important job be awake at 4.14am posting on Boards UNLESS he was locked. I'd hardly be sitting up to that time if I wasn't full like.

I typed what I typed, but it is important for everyone to realise that they were the words of a man who had taken drink in considerable quantities, not the clinical words of a completely sober individual - big difference.

No you were up before 1am and stayed trying to defend your dispicable behaviour for 4+ hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

No, I think he's joking.

I hope.

Yes I am joking.

Can't decide between the "be all indignant" tactic or the "laugh along and it'll all soon be over" tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

how about the "don't plan abductions" tactic? :P

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I was thinking of going down to Cork but the curfew in my bail conditions means it wouldn't be worth my while really.

Not_again_cat.jpg

funny-pictures-lolspeak-jaws-shark.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Rb wrote: »
    The evidence pointed towards him being more sober than drunk tbh. If you manage to get a read of the thread you'll see this.

It's the usual "I was drunk!" defence tbh.

That maybe but sobriety or lack thereof is beside the point, which is that if a person makes a mistake like this, they shouldn't be doomed to have it recorded for everyone to see forever.

On the other hand, that's the risk you take when you post to a forum. I favour a more decent approach however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement