Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for PC Build

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am currently trying to build myself a pretty good desktop PC.
    It doesn't need to be cutting edge, but I would like it to be fast and quiet.
    This PC will be used mostly for Graphics and Web Design (Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash etc.) as well as programming (Java, C++). I want to keep this PC in my bedroom so I want it to be very quiet (hence the Antec Sonata case).
    The most important factors are that it is fast for general use (opening/closing programs etc) and quiet.
    I have specced up the following list on hardwareversand.de
    2574488221_bb1936b59f_o.jpg

Now, while I am quite experienced with PC's from a hardware and software perspective I have never built one before so there may be some glaring omissions on the above list, if there is could you let me know. (By the way, I know I don't have an optical drive in there, I am going to salvage that from another PC I have at home).
    Any advice on which components are overkill, underpowered or missing would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement