Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone ever used carauctionslive.ie?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone out there has used this site before to buy or sell?

www.carauctionslive.ie

Does it reach a large audience?

Has anyone had any positive or negative dealings with it?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Seems crap, just had a luck at it. They haven't much stuff and the prices are mad.

2003 Megane, very basic spec, no alloys, @5500, with a reserve of 7,500, wtf????

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

TB2008 wrote: »
    I have only recently found this site. I’m actively considering using it to sell my car. It looks to be good idea.
    The seller’s fee is reasonable so I think there is nothing to loose in trying it out!
    I'd say Carzone is a better bet. You may like the auction format but I'd say you would have a very limited audience looking at the ad and the site, so may not get many bids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yep Carzone isn’t bad but I like the format of this site.

I have used standard methods such as carzone before – the problem with them is the timewasters ringing you up & arranging viewings. It gets annoying after a while!

What I like about carauctionslive.ie is that you put your car up & sit back for 5 days & wait for the auction to end. At that point you have to only arrange one viewing with what should be a genuine seller & at that point decide whether it’s a deal or no deal.

It looks like less hassle & you remain in control as the seller…I think it’s worth a shot.

You wouldnt happen to have something to do with that site would you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

So you are really thinking of putting your car onto a new site that has about 15 cars on it for 5 days for 40 euro. Also the fact that there currently are not any bids on any of the cars at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

TB 2008

you have a grand total of five posts on boards ...all about this auction site.

You wouldn't by any chance by affiliated with them somehow? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nope

Ya right, so how lucky this post is also promoting it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56234432&postcount=11

Give us a break. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

messages from TB 2008 deleted as spam

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Hi guys, just checked back here now. Missed all the spam by that guy. Im only wondering if anyone has had any expierience with it. Have had a car for sale now for 2 months. Four calls and two views of it. Just thought before I renew carzone add id check out if anyone has had any luck with this site. just want to keep the options open.

Advertisement