Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Mk3 engine question

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping someone can answer this for me.. I have a 1798cc 2002 Mondeo which could do with a new engine. There's over 100k and the noise and idle-chugging would seem to indicate damage to the big-end bearing.

My question is that if I could only find a 2 litre petrol engine, would this suffice and physically fit without the need for modifying the mounting brackets, etc?

If not, I will just hold-off for a 1.8 as the car is driving ok at the moment.

If anyone knows of any good suitable 2nd hand/refurb engines for sale, please drop me a line :D

Thx
    Darren

Advertisement