Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland-France (Grance:D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

That was beautiful by Van Nistelrooy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Pity he couldn't run onto VP's pass there tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pity he couldn't run onto VP's pass there tho...

In fairness he wouldnt have got there 5 years ago, never mind now. VP really should have looked up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Another great move and goal.

Cheeky Henry goal. :)

And a Robben goal.

Lol, great game.

3-1

2-1 Terry Henry. Sloppy from the Dutch.

and then the Dutch are scoring as it comes back from the reply. How quick was that.

Surely thats the record for the oldest goalscorer.:D

Holy sh!t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

that must be the closes two goals scored in a championship ever?

seconds!

quicker then the Italian one today i think

Was just about to make a smart comment about Brady having excitement in his pants after Henry's goal...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

That was some goal from Robben :eek:

The French must have been watching the reply of Henry's goal like the rest of us while the Dutch were attacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hate these boring games. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

This is painful to watch. I had an accumulator on, and the Dutch/France match was the only really sticky one. I put my faith in the Dutch though. However, it' all in vain after the ref in the Italy/Romania match funked up.

I will now have the pleasure of watching the forthcoming matches with grated teeth.

Sackrey Blue. Bye bye to the Grench methinks.

4-1 Scneider.

Holland for the cup!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

halftime?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

my god GO HOLLAND!

4-1

Seaneh wrote: »
    halftime?

?

Sneijder!

So glad I got him for my dream team. :)

Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Jaysus, think I'll stick a tenner on Holland tomorrow :D

What a strike. I was close enough with a 4-0 prediction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Great goal! Result a bit unfair on balance of play. Van Basten: best ever striker and not a bad manager either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Proof that its not the having the ball that matters, its scoring that counts.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Why is Johnny Giles talking about Holland as if they are Boro. They have been the outstanding team of the tournament.

This is classic stuff from the panel. They write them off pre-tournament, and then can't admit they got it wrong. Padding their praise with 'we can't get carried away, we are pundits, and we need to pick out any flaw, not matter how small'.

Sure, their defence mightn't be the best in the world, but has anyone's been so far in this tournament. Against Italy and France, they have only conceded 1 goal ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mike65 wrote: »
    Proof that its not the having the ball that matters, its scoring that counts.

Mike.

and having a manger who actually makes his decisions based on footballing ones and not some mystic mumbo jumbo always helps. Gomis and Anelka on... wtf? was Domenech single handedly trying to undermine a French comeback? And Malouda had just started to look like he might be capable of something too... And where in the name of Holy God was Benzema? was he injured or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Robben's finish really reminded me of Giggs finish against Arsenal in the FA cup replay in 99 the way he blasted it over the keeper into the roof of the net, great goal in a great match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Fair play to the Dutchers

Four goals - two of em extra-tasty

France anameic

Ribery seems a touch of class - esp ahead of the other Frenchies

Gouvou, Toulalan, Malouda

Makelele and Henry looked old

as for Le Sulk:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Amost forgot - extra tasty for the Zidane turn by RVn in the setup the Holland's second.

Bye bye Dommench

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

France are missing a real presence up front and a leader at the back, they really ****ed up picking Boumsong and Gomes ahead of Trezagol and Mexes.

and having a manger who actually makes his decisions based on footballing ones and not some mystic mumbo jumbo always helps.

:D So true, Glenda Hoddle reincarnated.

Mike.

Robben's finish really reminded me of Giggs finish against Arsenal in the FA cup replay in 99 the way he blasted it over the keeper into the roof of the net, great goal in a great match.

Despite the fact it was a cracking goal I thought the French keeper looked very dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Seaneh wrote: »
    France are missing a real presence up front and a leader at the back, they really ****ed up picking Boumsong and Gomes ahead of Trezagol and Mexes.
    In my opinion, I blame the manager.

Domenech is a clown and consistantly picks the wrong team. Evra not starting the first game and Benzema not even playing the second shows just how clueless he is. Not only that, but he has a cart horse playing centre forward (Gomis) and has Anelka shunted out to the wing when they're chasing a goal! There's feck all organisation, set-peices are shit and the players run around not knowing how they're set up and what job they're supposed to do.

I actually think that Domenech could be worse than Staunton.

I actually think that Domenech could be worse than Staunton.

Did Domenech have a secret cellar like Fritzl? That is the only reason why he could be worse that Staunton.

Did Domenech have a secret cellar like Fritzl? That is the only reason why he could be worse that Staunton.
    In my opinion, only Spain have a stronger pool of players than France.

Players who are playing at the very top of footballing levels in the case of Mexes, Clichy, Flamini, Sagna and Trezuguet are all sitting home this supper watching France on the telly.

Staunton was dire, but at least he always kept his best players in the squad. The clown Domenech has left most of his at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just think, that French team could have put out something like;

Coupet
    Sagna--Gallas--Mexes--Evra

Diarra---Flamini
    Nasri

---Ribery
    Henry
    Benzema

With Benzema and Henry switching around and moving for each other.
    Maybe Makalele in for diarra, but diarra has impressed me a lot so im gonna go with youth and vigour. That that team would have a lot more hunger and drive then what we've seen from the french in their 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Sherifu wrote: »
    What has this got to do with the Turkey-Switzerland game?

Go Swiss!!!:pac:

Staunton was dire, but at least he always kept his best players in the squad. The clown Domenech has left most of his at home!

In fairness, the Ireland squad pretty much picks itself

Sherifu wrote: »
    What a strike. I was close enough with a 4-0 prediction.

Your wacked prediction almost came true,well done mate well done:pac:

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Coupet

Diarra---Flamini
    Nasri

---Ribery
    Henry
    Benzema

With Benzema and Henry switching around and moving for each other.
    Maybe Makalele in for diarra, but diarra has impressed me a lot so im gonna go with youth and vigour. That that team would have a lot more hunger and drive then what we've seen from the french in their 2 games.
    My point exactly.

Put Arsene in charge of that lot and you have European Championship semi-finalists at very least.

What a game from Holland!!!!These guys are definitly number 1 candidate to win euro!France was better than last game but their defence was destroyes by Hollands offensive,France was better but tactics terrible,Holland looks like they are alien team,well done,fantastic match.Now i expect they wont play with full squad last round so Romania can go through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The Grench were run riot by Hollands attacking prowess.

Would it be Robben? Would it be RVP? Would it be Van Der Vaart?

The options were endless.

Coupet who is normally a really good keeper, really let the Grench down. He really needed to be doing better against that Robben shot.

What a goal to finish the game off.

International Football owns club football(when played right)

Anyone else think watching the Dutch is a bit like watching Arsenal? Slick passing coupled with ruthless counter-attacking play. They've been a joy to watch.

Anyone else think watching the Dutch is a bit like watching Arsenal? .

Nope. The Dutch have an end product.:)

Dutch are better as they are far more direct than Arsenal, no-one wearing orange is trying to walk the ball in.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

In my opinion, only Spain have a stronger pool of players than France.

Spain are slightly weak in defence. while Sagnol-Thuram-Gallas-Abidal is probably worse than the current Spanish defence, Sagna-Mexes-Gallas-Clichy is head and shoulders above them. i've said it before, had France a decent manager they'd probably walk the tournament because they are basically the only nation who can field a team with some of the worlds best in almost every position on the pitch (left wing tbh being the only problem position).
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »

Coupet

Diarra---Flamini
    Nasri

---Ribery
    Henry
    Benzema

yeah Rebel that's pretty much the team that i would field, same formation and all, although i'm not 100% on Henry. Govou wasn't too bad today, you could put him in and swap him with Ribery. the other possibility is bringing in Clichy and playing Evra in front of him. that might offer a bit more width, and give Nasri a bit more space to operate in.

Yeah but when you see the shirts, and then look up and see 'Holland' on the scorechart you kind of face the realisation that they are in fact the Dutch and not Arsenal. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wow, after playing Italy and France, the Dutch have themselves a 7-1 aggregate lead. Could you have counted on any team in the world to come out with results like that?

I'm so glad I backed Holland at 14/1 for the Championship. A long way to go I know but the must be hot favourites now. And playing a very attractive style of football too I must add. Most of their goals have been from fast counters!

As i already said once Robben is the main man in Dutch team,he is fantastic and he showed that tonight again,i still cant forget what a mess he was making us on WC 2006.

Anyone else think watching the Dutch is a bit like watching Arsenal? Slick passing coupled with ruthless counter-attacking play. They've been a joy to watch.
    It actually reminded me of Manchester United to be honest.

Arsenal are too slow on the counter-attack.

As i already said once Robben is the main man in Dutch team,he is fantastic and he showed that tonight again,i still cant forget what a mess he was making us on WC 2006.

Didn't do as much though as Riquelme ey?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Reminded me of Arsenal from a few years ago. You know, back when they were deadly.. and stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement