Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy-Romania

• 13-06-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Italians will win i think,they dont have anymore possibilities to blow up,if they do they can go home,so they will die to win tonight and i think they will,on the other side Romania knows that and they will wait for their chance,maybe some surprising goal is possible...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

pressure in the Italian press will probably mean Donandoni will start the players he should have last time, at least that's what the reports suggest; "3 to 4 changes". Del Piero and De Rossi have to start surely. Materazzi probably wont. I think we'll see a different Italian team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Italians to lose. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If the Italians lose this match I will change my signature to "Mr Alan is my Soccer Forum Spiritual and Knowledgeable guide. I am his bitch"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pighead wrote: »
    If the Italians lose this match I will change my signature to "Mr Alan is my Soccer Forum Spiritual and Knowledgeable guide. I am his bitch"

Dear God please let Romania win.

Plus I hate Materazzi and Grosso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Italians will be well pissed with their last game so Gattuso and co will be rearing to go this evening.

1-0 Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Have a feeling that Romania will get out of this group. Draw with Italy tonight and if Holland win. It puts Holland through as group winners and then leaves Romania on two points and Italy and France on 1 point. They'll then be playing a second string dutch side in the last game. IT could happen;)

Come on Romania!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Italians to win quite comfortably, maybe 2 or 3 nil. They were schooled properly by the Dutch but they're still a good team. That said, I will be cheering on the Romanians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Del Piero will start for sure, he's already been announced as captain. Looks like De Rossi, Chiellini and Grosso could all start as well ahead of Gattusso/Ambrosini, Matterazzi and Barzagli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Italian win (hopefully, I have money on them to win the euros) :) I thought they were slightly unlucky against the dutch, they were caught by two brilliant counter attack goals and one of the strangest goals ive ever seen. Dont think it will be a goal fest though, Ill say 2-0 Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Today is Mutus chance to show what he's made of,
    I'm hoping he will get a brace or 1 goal and 2 assists.

I am surprised Buffon was stripped of teh captaincy for apologising ot the fans, donodoni doesn't look too sharp in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Quoted for (pre)posterity.

Romania by 1 goal to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I am surprised Buffon was stripped of teh captaincy for apologising ot the fans, donodoni doesn't look too sharp in my opinion.

It's tradition. The most capped player is always the Italian captain and Del Piero has 4 more. Also, if Buffon was captain for this game, you'd have the strange situation where Del Piero would be his club captain but not on the national team

ah cheers dude.
    well informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

1618: TEAMS
    Italy: Buffon, Zambrotta, Panucci, Chiellini, Grosso, Camoranesi, Pirlo, De Rossi, Del Piero, Perrotta, Toni. Subs: Amelia, De Sanctis, Gamberini, Barzagli, Gattuso, Di Natale, Borriello, Ambrosini, Quagliarella, Cassano, Aquilani, Materazzi.
    Romania: Lobont, Contra, Tamas, Goian, Rat, Radoi, Petre, Codrea, Chivu, Mutu, Daniel Niculae. Subs: Popa, Stancioiu, Marica, Cocis, Sapunaru, Ghionea, Nicolita, Moti, Marius Niculae, Cristea, Dica, Radu

Five changes for the Italians - none for the Romanians.
    Hmm

Strong chance of a nil-nil

Early chance for Mutu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Arggghhh! Jimmy Bloody McGee. I hate when he does commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Arggghhh! Jimmy Bloody McGee. I hate when he does commentary

Why don't you switch to ITV?

Tis a good contests so far. The Italians really should have capitalised on one of their chances, but at the same time, they are lucky not to have been punished by Romania.

Anyone else think it is strange that Gattuso was dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Romania really should have scored by now. I have a feelign they've wasted the best of the chances they are going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Tis a decent 0-0 so far, loads of chances and decent football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why don't you switch to ITV?
    I did. :pac: It's just that I'm not a fan of the commentary on ITV either but I'd rather listen to Father Paul Stone doing the commentary than Jimmy McGee.

Think the luck is with Italy in this one. Very lucky not to concede an own goal.

That Romanian clash of heads looked sore. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fookin ell, Romanian keeper is giving it socks!

ps. I also hate Jimmy McGee.

Exciting first half, Lobontz earning his crust.

I used to hate Jimmy but he has kept me laughing throughout the match today, cringeworthy I'll give you that.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Think the luck is with Italy in this one. Very lucky not to concede an own goal.

heh... you spoke to soon. that was a perfect legitimate goal from Toni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Terrible call to disallow Toni's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

sigh

Iago wrote: »
    sigh

which way is your bet going today? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Italy don't look capable of winning this competition. If they are having trouble against Romania, and have already been humped by the dutch then really they are going to have to step things up to make much of an impact.

Italy don't look capable of winning this competition. If they are having trouble against Romania, and have already been humped by the dutch then really they are going to have to step things up to make much of an impact.

in fairness though they should be 1-0 up already. And Toni just got a massive push in the back in the penalty area that the referee completely ignored and decided to give the other way. under different circumstances we could be talking about them cruising against weaker opposition.

• Advertisement

Get in there. Mutu!

1-0

Rock on.

Italian defensive blunder, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Game on. They'll all be rolling around injured now...

Mutu, the f*cker. I take back what i said earlier. bye bye Italy.

in fairness though they should be 1-0 up already. And Toni just got a massive push in the back in the penalty area that the referee completely ignored and decided to give the other way. under different circumstances we could be talking about them cruising against weaker opposition.
    you were saying :)

Game on. They'll all be rolling around injured now...
    Less of your cynicism lady. ;)

1-1 while I type.

bloody heck :)

• Advertisement

hmmmm... hang on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Sherifu wrote: »
    Less of your cynicism lady. ;)

Meh :p

I think we should give a mental thanks to the Dutchers

The 3-0 result forced the Italians to go out and attack.

In other circumstances this could well have had defensive nil-nil written all over it.

another dodgy offside call. the assistants in particular have been awful so far this tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone esle think Mutu looks like a Thunderbirds character?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Snarf

Penalty!

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOeleventyeleven.

LOL @ cuningham "handball"-

bet he misses

Looks like a poor decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

what a save!

Gob****e (mutu).

**** peno.

Looks like a poor decision.

and its saved!

Cock. Thought it was a good decision. Looked like a rugby tackle.

Harsh penalty - The Italians would have been raging if that went it. Barely contact by their standards

Mutu didnt look confident before the peno

Great save by Buffon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Buffon you hero!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement