Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you suggest a new car for me?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

My beloved Lexy, a 97 Peugot 306 sadly passed away this morning, owing to complications of the clutch. Happily, I'm coming into a bit of money next month, so it's not as bad as it could be.

I'm going away for three weeks with work, so won't be able to buy a car till I get back, but when I get back I'll have to buy straight away - I don't really have time to suss out different models and features etc, and besides I don't have a clue anyway. I was hoping if I tell you what I need, you'd be able to suggest a car/model. If you are the first to suggest a car, and I end up buying it, I'll give you €50 for your trouble.

So, my profile. I drive in and out of work (Swords to City Centre), about 100 miles a week. Once a month, we'll drive up to my girlfriends house in Donegal, which is a round trip of roughly 330 miles, so roughly we do 750 miles a month. I'd like a car which is reliable, roomy and quiet. Auto gearbox would also appeal to me as I do mostly city driving.

I have between 12 and 15k to spend, and obviously I want to get the best value and compromise between getting a newer car and a bigger car (this is probably the only time in my life I'll have the ability to spend this much without borrowing, so I want to get the best deal possible). I'm not at all snobby about makes or models.

thanks a million for reading this far, and any help is much appreciated.

tbh

Comments

Advertisement