Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Lattitude D600 Won't Come Out Of Standby

• 13-06-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

As it says on the tin. Has been happening for a while now. Close the lid on the laptop and then open it later on to find that it won't turn back on. Keep having to hold down the power button to turn off and then reboot. Pretty annoying to say the least.

Running xp sp2.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Karl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thanks guys. Drinks all round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Karl,

Did you get it sorted??

If you didn't change your power management setting and switch them all to off and that should solve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Isn't sleep governed by the BIOS? Try entering the BIOS and resetting it to default: right when the computer boots press F10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I'll try both those things and get back to you. Cheers.

EDIT: Actually, the problem usually occurs if the plug isn't in properly, ie the laptop isn't being powered by the mains, when I open the lid. I've messed around with the power options before but obvioulsy it's still happening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

could just be the switch. try poking it a few times to see if it repels ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement