Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Alarms going off in Park!!!!

Options
  • 13-06-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Whats the story the last few days with the alarms,12 o'clock the other night and then again at 4.30am, 7 am this morning. As far as I can tell its always the same culprits, its really driving me mad. I don't know which house/apt it is because its coming from somewhere behind our house. If I knew which one it was Id report them to the management company. Honestly do these people have cheap alarms installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I live in the park as well. Its a real pain and its a real indicator that those houses are always empty at night which defeats the whole purpose of an alarm adding to your security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

It's not much fun when you work nights either...
    Owner must realise that leaving a window slightly open to let some air in will set off the alarm, and this will happen all day long whilst at work...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Was going to post about this today too after being woken at 11.30pm the other night and then at 7am this morning :mad:. It sounds like the same alarm as it's particularly loud (Isn't there legislation on decibel levels?) tho' we can't tell exactly where it's coming from either. If anyone lives beside the culprit(s) could you PLEASE report them or have a word, I promise I'll do the same if it happens with one of my close neighbours (tho' we've been relatively lucky there so far!).

And, as we're coming into holiday season and people are going to be away could everyone with an external bell PLEASE get your alarm serviced before you go and leave a key with a neighbour so they can switch it off if it does go off. I don't understand how people can be so inconsiderate of their neighbours but then I guess I'm not thinking too clearly due to lack of sleep :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

It makes the whole point of alarms null and void if they go off all the time.

People just learn to ignore them as background noise, or even complain to each other that someones alarm had the audacity to go off.

catch 22 or 46 or 87 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I think I know which house it is just waiting on it to go off again to confirm (shouldn't be too long)

I'll give the management co. a call tomo.

• Advertisement

It was 3.30am this morning :mad:

Thanks a million, Dubsgirl, if you do work out which house it is and report it. I'll owe you one :)

dubsgirl wrote: »
    I think I know which house it is just waiting on it to go off again to confirm (shouldn't be too long)

I'll give the management co. a call tomo.

Get a ladder and a lump hammer.. thats what I did.....

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Get a ladder and a lump hammer.. thats what I did.....

Very tempting;)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................:)

The thing about the alarms going off all the time.... Do remember the story of peter and the wolf...enough said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Thanks Dubsgirl, we would all be grateful if you could report them so we can get some sleep!

Im serioulsy considering the next time it wakes me up to get dressed and walk around to see which house it is myself, welsh wizard your welcome to bring the hammer...!

• Advertisement

5.20 and 5.40am THIS morning :mad::mad::mad:

Girl24, I nearly did that this morning, tho' I don't know if I'd have bothered getting dressed :) so we might meet one of these (very early) mornings! I'll be the mad (very mad :mad:) woman in the nightie :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Why don't you post a note through the letterbox politely expressing your discontent?

Good idea Ianm but the problem is we need to find out which house it is first! It's very difficult to tell where it's coming from unless you're right beside it, hence the prospect of midnight neighbourhood nightie forays :eek: - oh did I mention I'll be armed with a lump hammer :)- thanks Welsh Wizard ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I went o bed last night, there was an alarm going off. I woke up this morning to an alarm going off. It really is ridiculous at this stage. I've never lived anywhere with so many alarms ringing. I haven't the foggiest where they are coming from as I'm acrosss the road in Seabourne View, but they do seem to be different. Is there anything that can be done, short of traipsing round Charlesland in my pj's at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

I've been trying to work from home since 8am this morning and there has been an alarm going off pretty much incessantly since that time. I'm about to do my NUT IN! cannot concentrate at all. I've been timing it and it's due to turn itself off any minute but if it starts back again within the next hour I'm going to go out and find out where it is and put a tersely written note through their door.

:mad::mad::mad:
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Yeah I heard one going off as I was leaving for work this morning. If it does continue, you should check it out it, would probably be a good thing for them to be aware how annoyed their neighbours are!! There seems to be so many alarms that are far too sensitive, going off with a blast of wind, it is ridiculous and so frustrating.

The alarm I heard was at 7 am... Is there anything that we can actually do to stop it. I may have to figure out how to disable alarms and at night time disable each one... might take a while though. Right off to google - "disable alarms"....

Seriously though, is there other forms of security which don't disturb the peace... And is there anywhere that banned alarms... Radical and never gonna happen, I know. Just thinking out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

It's the responsibility of the owner to ensure that their alarms are in working order and comply with standards. I think you are all talking about the same house, which I head it today as well, seemed to go on forever and DID NOT turn itself off within the regulation 20 minutes. Is it the semi-detached house in the middle of the last section of Grove?

There's 2 things we can do:
    1. Get on to the owner and explain to them the problems they've caused and ask them to either not engage the alarm or fix it.
    2. Complain about it to Cuala Property Management and ask them to force owner to turn it off or turn it off themselves. As far as I know they can do that and then pass the charges on to the owner.

I've no idea the different part of Charlesland as I'm across the road. But if someone knows for sure the house and the address I'll happily go over and vent some of my anger!

Although I presume that they have already had complaints. Surely immediate neighbours who know exactly where it comes from would have complained?

wingding wrote: »
    Although I presume that they have already had complaints. Surely immediate neighbours who know exactly where it comes from would have complained?

Not if they are out all day and don't hear it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

[snip]directions to house[/snip] Mind you, I haven't heard it since about 9.35 this morning - maybe they've come home?? or read this thread on boards?!

If it starts up I again I'll definitely have to write some sort of note and if it persists then maybe going to Cuala isn't that bad an idea?

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Not if they are out all day and don't hear it!

Well if it's coming from the same house all the time they'd have to be out 24/7. As I said I heard it going to bed and it woke me up. All the neighbours can't be out all the time....

dh2007 wrote: »
    [snip]directions to house[/snip] Mind you, I haven't heard it since about 9.35 this morning - maybe they've come home?? or read this thread on boards?!

If it starts up I again I'll definitely have to write some sort of note and if it persists then maybe going to Cuala isn't that bad an idea?

Yep, that's the one. Stopped around then. [snip]directions to house[/snip]

Exactly my thoughts. And I can tell you, the note I was thinking of and composing in my head wasn't nice! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Folks, I doubt that the offending householder would appreciate the whereabouts of a vacant house with a dodgy alarm are being posted on the internet!

I'm editing out the directions to the house on the basis that it's not really in anyone's interest. Eoin and I concur on this.

I agree MikeDragon, but can someone who knows where the house is please say it to them, or drop a letter in the door.

Awoken this morning to 3 Alarms going off...:mad:

Taking the pi$$...!!

One day I will snap and pay a visit..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Can't see this ever coming into force but you might get some use out of it :D

I Hate Alarms

Advertisement