Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

is metal turning gay???(ie MCR A7X FOB etc)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Are you serious?!?
    if u consider mcr and fall out boy metal, you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Are you serious?!?
    if u consider mcr and fall out boy metal, you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

WHY drag up this old thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Fad wrote: »
    WHY drag up this old thread?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Because it hasn't been said enough- That Manowar pic is MANLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 G-izzles

"Avenged sevenfold, are kind of a grey area IMO, theyre a lot tougher and meaner than MCR, but only because theyre ripping off every other bands gimmick EVAR!!!!

i want to shoot their guitarist, didnt he give himself some silly stage name???"

They all ga ve themselves silly stage names actually

Synyster Gates is the name you're thinking of! There's also M Shadows, The Reverend Bartholomew Plague (a.k.a The Rev), Johnny Christ and Zakky Vengeance.

Basically tongue in cheek (no pun intended in the context of the thread) but if you lack the sense of humour to appreciate then that's perfectly fine aswell, just don't bash the music because if you listen to these guys earlier stuff especially, you can hear that there was always something very heavy here. And sure if its that manly, skinhead image that appeals to you (sexually or part there of) then M Shadows is a bit of a roll model. Mostly skin head, heavily tatoo'd and beefed up like an insecure senior school's rugby player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kilboy

AX7, MCR etc... are NOT metal bands.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Poser, fake metal. Not heavy, not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

why all the mcr hating, they make good music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

kilboy wrote: »
    AX7, MCR etc... are NOT metal bands.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Poser, fake metal. Not heavy, not good.

Well, MCR have never claimed to be metal or anything like it, so they can't be fake or posers, now can they?

Just because something isn't heavy it doesn't mean it's not good, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

No, MCR never claimed to be metal but the author of this thread certainly thinks they are judging by the title of the thread.

I've listened to their entire mainstream catalouge...Not into it. Sorry lovers.

As for music not having to be heavy to be metal, fair enough. Metallica aren't heavy for 90% of their tunes. They are metal... I know this.

I just happen to prefer heavier metal. A lot of people would say I'm a pussy because I don't like Priest or Maiden, so ****ing what.

AX7 are a pop band.

Listen to Oblige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

G-izzles wrote: »
    i want to shoot their guitarist, didnt he give himself some silly stage name???"

Yea, just like Dimebag!!The silly name I mean......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I always find the irony here in that the whole black leather metal studs look came into 80s heavy metal from the gay s & m scene.

There is nothing gay about MCR. They're not really a metal band, and they play music some would call whiny, others would call emotionally aware, some would call it shíte others would say it's deadly.

As for whether you mean it's soft, well nowadays there are less perms, less lipstick and a lot less makeup as far as metal bands are concerned. So they'd be less gay if we're going to go down that childish route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Judas priest are probably the gayest image metal band,
    ''ever''
    rob halford may aswell be wearing a bondage outfit on stage.
    And not forgetting manowar jesus.
    most metal bands new and old are posers and have a hint of ''gay''
    in them.

dont get me wrong though judas priest are kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes it is.

gaahl-sotra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Im a gay what sort of music am I supposed to like again?
    Keep forgetting were all the same! :rolleyes:

Aw, that guy needs a hug :(

Sarky wrote: »
    Aw, that guy needs a hug :(

Ah that's the start of the slippery slope! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

DubArk wrote: »

Do you like Kylie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DubArk wrote: »

Village People that way -->

:pac:

There really aren't enough gay metalheads tbh.

MooseJam wrote: »
    Do you like Kylie ?

Nope! :mad:

I said i was Gay not that I was retarded! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

It was always a little gay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Big deal. Metal turned gay years ago and heres the proof:

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/d/d7/Manowar.jp g[/IMG]

Just remember - Keep reaching for the rainbow as Ronnie Dio might say (who is obviously also gay)

For fúck sake! Manowar don't count whatsoever! They are as straight as an oiled up, leather bound arrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AStranger

this thread turned me a little bi-curious... :eek:

Honestly, I think there always has been a degree of homoeroticism in Heavy Metal, you can't look at bands like Twisted Sister and say otherwise. I suppose it's something fans of the genre have just gotten used to, and don't really think of Manowar as looking 'gay' exactly, but close.

I'm not really sure of another genre of music where crossdressing is as accepted, and that's not a slight against anyone. Just to put it out there, Twisted Sister ****ing rock:

Lets take a look at Dimmu Borgir, lead singer Shagrath is wearing a leather skirt:

Here's a Japanese band I like called Versailles:

I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of gay in your metal, because good god, there's aspects of it there since as long as I'm alive to remember metal over the years. Just roll with it. ;)

Bah, Karl, they're not called "Girlowar", they're manly. MANLY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Big deal. Metal turned gay years ago and heres the proof:

Manowar.jpg

Just remember - Keep reaching for the rainbow as Ronnie Dio might say (who is obviously also gay)

I think I may have a new desktop wallpaper at work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Yes it is.

gaahl-sotra.jpg

Just look at him, gazing longingly at a 15 year old Mexican no doubt. It's like Freddie Mercury all those years back...how could we not have guessed?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

^^^ Amazing the amount of 'hard' metal dudes dressed like that in Fibber's and Bruxelles, expecting to pull girls. :p :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement