Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German

Options
  • 13-06-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Not a great paper but broad enough topics. What did you think? - HL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I don't know what to think, I might have done well in the comprehension im not sure like, I tihnk I did well in the letter, once again Im not sure

I didnt like the auserung anyway thats a fact, choose the 2nd one but regret not going for the 1st one.

I though unlike the rest of the people in my year quiet likes the tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

I thought it was a great paper..
    Was laughin for ages when I saw that yer ones name in part 1 of the tape was "Frau Koch" lol
    Surely thats the exams commission having a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Tape was nice but the commission were extrremely nasty with some vocabulary. Just looking up some of the words for comprehension 2 and many aren't even in the dictionary. Poorly put together paper really demanding a knowledge of topics rather than a German competence. I mean in the Auserung why do you need three reasons for everything?

alan4cult wrote: »
    Tape was nice but the commission were extrremely nasty with some vocabulary. Just looking up some of the words for comprehension 2 and many aren't even in the dictionary. Poorly put together paper really demanding a knowledge of topics rather than a German competence. I mean in the Auserung why do you need three reasons for everything?
    Ya trying to think of three reasons why eating heality is important and then putting it into german, christ like

I just said it keeps you fit then waffled on about too much fast food places and the likes, answered that part terribly

so how much did people write, i wrote a full A4 page for the Auserung and 2 pages for the letter, my writing is small too.

The 3 reasons is just to test yer writing competency, The Ausserung zum Thema is loosely based on the text ie do not take your answers from the text but the should follow a similar line of thought.. Its only 100 words altogether anyway, which isn't really alot

I wrote an A4 page for the A.Z.T and 3 A4 for the letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Jayeire wrote: »
    I thought it was a great paper..
    Was laughin for ages when I saw that yer ones name in part 1 of the tape was "Frau Koch" lol
    Surely thats the exams commission having a laugh :D

:pac::pac:
    were they trying to tell us something?...

hehe

Ich bin nach Deutschland gefahren,
    well who gives a eff anymore!
    IT'S ALL OVER FOREVER

I'M FINISHED!!!!!
    PARTAY ON:cool:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

The 3 reasons is just to test yer writing competency, The Ausserung zum Thema is loosely based on the text ie do not take your answers from the text but the should follow a similar line of thought.. Its only 100 words altogether anyway, which isn't really alot

If you had no interest in skating, like me, you would find it difficult to give 3 strong reasons why the skate season was good so far. But the Aussering wasn't too bad anyways. Getting ready for next week now!

I said skate season was good cus:

*i met new friends
    *it was free to stay over in the hotel
    *it was fun to skate

LMAO

im not expecting an a,
    just to pass :D

how much did everyone write for the letter?

am I the only one for found the tape nice

1huge1 wrote: »
    how much did everyone write for the letter?

am I the only one for found the tape nice

wrote a page and a half,
    but ma writing's big,
    so probs like 3-4 sentences on each point :D

also,
    tape was allright
    wasn't horrible like :D

yea it's all over
    yea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

I thought the tape was grand. But I am so disappointed with the written paper.
    It was the first paper I really came out upset over. I wanted to get an A so bad, and my oral was amazing...so yeah I am totally gutted....and it means I am relying on Accounting for my points..I'm so screwed. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I was very disappointed after this exam. It wasn't particularly difficult, but I just didn't do well. However I did find the first comprehension particuarly nasty, I did awful on that. I did decent on the writing, happy enough with that. The tape was grand, same as usual, not hard or easy really.

Very disappointed overall, it wasn't as if it was that hard of a test, I just made some really simple, rudimentary errors. I really was relying on a B1 here but to be honest I think I'd be lucky to get a B at all.

Ya I did a really good oral, im very happy with my tape.

I really don't know how I did in the comprehension like I filled every space,
    In the tape when ticking the boxes did you tick, a conversation between two neighbours and the other one being annoyed?

oh and in the one were you answer in german was it the 4th box you ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

Yeah I ticked the neighbour and annoyed.
    Not sure I ticked the 4th box though.
    Can't really remember. I think I'm subconciously trying to blank the whole exam from my mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Yeah, I said two neighbours and being annoyed too.

Didn't like the tape at all! I thought the first comprehension was a lot easier than usual and the second one was ok too. I did the part b Ausserung, didn't really know what to write, I think I misunderstood a lot of the questions. :( The letter was quite odd too, national competitions what? :o

Verdict: Not very happy. I really really wanted an A.

Ya that part of the letter was a bit weird, till I really read it and they actually told you the word meant competition, i then talked about my school holding a sports competition every year and saying we won the football competition last year, poor enough grammer in that part but I tihnk my content was good.

The 2nd part of the auserung went really poor for me, I was gonna do the 1st one at the end but ran out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I thought the comprehensions were nice enough.The Ausserung was ok.I did the 2nd on in it.

My grammer was horrible and the essyay thing at the end wasnt great.Tape was only ok.I think I got a C though which I'm happy with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Comprehensions were really easy. Did the email and the letter was beautiful, you knew exactly what was being asked. The listening I did fine in every section just a knew niggling questions.

What was the last product mentioned in A: I thought I heard noodles
    How was your man's name spelt
    The robot washed 150m'2 an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

Wasn't happy at all...German's usually my best subject, always get A's, but think i misunderstood one of the points for the second Auesserung Zum Thema :(

Hopefully my oral and the comprehensions etc will cover me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

I did find the womans voice in section 3 a bit awkward.Overall considering a very good oral,comprehension,letter,auserung, listening and an iffy gramatik (who gives a ****), I could be in A2-B2 country.

• Advertisement

leomessi wrote: »
    Comprehensions were really easy. Did the email and the letter was beautiful, you knew exactly what was being asked. The listening I did fine in every section just a knew niggling questions.

What was the last product mentioned in A: I thought I heard noodles
    How was your man's name spelt
    The robot washed 150m'2 an hour?
    I spelt his name something like darkens all i remember was my 2nd letter was 'a' and my 2nd last letter was 'e', can;t remember the name exactly

3 things in A, pasta, hairshampoo and I thought the 3rd one was chocolate, wasnt sure
    wrote chocolate in english then what it sounded like in german

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

Thats way to much

If you've got it, flaunt it - as they say ! :) I didn't repeat for nothing, after getting a B1 last year

to the poster above, pasta wasn't one of the products it was Zahnpasta which is toothpaste :D

If you've got it, flaunt it - as they say ! :) I didn't repeat for nothing, after getting a B1 last year

to the poster above, pasta wasn't one of the products it was Zahnpasta which is toothpaste :D
    crap, wonder how many made that mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I had toothpaste,shampoo and shower gel.For the name I had Derksnal or something along those lines

Surprisingly I actually got toothpaste. However, what I didn't get in that section was 'where in the town was the testing located?'. Did anyone get that?

Did anyone make the mistake with 'putzen' in the Robot thing? I'm ashamed to say I did, arghh! I said put, it's clean. Awful mistake.

Did many people get portomonie(or whatever that was) in the first comprehension? I had no idea what it was but friends after it told me it was wallet. Oh well. I didn't say wallet, can't even remember what I said.

What could the robot do?

i said something about glass!...

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    Surprisingly I actually got toothpaste. However, what I didn't get in that section was 'where in the town was the testing located?'. Did anyone get that?

Did anyone make the mistake with 'putzen' in the Robot thing? I'm ashamed to say I did, arghh! I said put, it's clean. Awful mistake.

Did many people get portomonie(or whatever that was) in the first comprehension? I had no idea what it was but friends after it told me it was wallet. Oh well. I didn't say wallet, can't even remember what I said.
    I said it was in the local super markets in the town, then wrote down aldi, ceebo and lidl.
    fairly sure thats right

I tihnk i got the robot thing right, just wrote down loads of words and tihnk the right thing was in there somewhere

I think i got that question wrong, I just said she took his phone, did everyone say frederika for the one who was more confident and forward?

Clean the glass of the railway station I think. He could work 5 times as fast as a human. And there was something else about 1500 or something but I didn't catch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Right...I dont bollocks in the letter...

The question about austria and switzerland? Errr...wtf.
    And the one about competitions for students...

Advertisement