Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding through Kilmacanogue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

damo9090 wrote: »
    Where is that camera? I have driven up that road a million times and cant see the fecker & very rarely see garda presence too.

That camera looks quite low, and in a good few yards from the road, so I imagine not too easy to spot.

When there's a speed check, they are up near where the speed limit goes back to 100 behind the wall. I'm not one for Gardai-bashing, but not even the most gullible of people could call that anything but a revenue generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Think most of it is. Seen them on a bridge over N11 at Bray few weeks ago at 6:10AM targeting Joe soap on his way to work instead of the back roads where people are dieing every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

my mother-in-law was caught speeding & didn't know about it until she rec'd a brown envelope with the 'oficial details' in it - fined & 3 penalty points on her licence! she was hopping mad, I used to borrow her car from time to time during the week (with her full knowledge & permission, of course) but this was a sunday afternoon & i was out of the country over the w/end she was caught but she still to this day insists it was me driving & not her! :mad::mad:

I offered to call the gardai & get it checked out but she wouldn't hear of it, just paid up & kept moaning ever since, but at 82 she's delighted to be called speedy by the grand-kids..... :D:D:D:D

Jasper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

yeah seem to fly through, but the speed limit is a joke, 60kph. Heres a camera..

http://michaelr.camstreams.com/

Folks, so you know, that's not a speed camera

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Folks, so you know, that's not a speed camera

No white lines no speed camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

damo9090 wrote: »
    No white lines no speed camera.

Precisely

I was driving through Kilmacanogue today northbound at about 15:00 doing a speed of about 70kph.

Just before the entrance to Avoca there was a Garda car and a Garda hiding behind the wall with a speed gun.

It was well too late by the time i spotted him to slow down.

I'm wondering if i will get a fine and points.

Do they not need to stop me or do they have the gun hooked up to something in the car.

It looked like he just had the radar gun with noting else.

This happen anyone else and did they get points and fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

foxy06 wrote: »
    Could never understand why the limit was 60 until I tried to leave that garage. You only have a few meters to get out onto the duel carriageway and thats driving straight through a slip road. It's almost impossible to pick up enough speed when other cars are coming at you at 100kmh.

Ahhh, that explains it. I always thought it was like that to catch speedsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I was driving through Kilmacanogue today northbound at about 15:00 doing a speed of about 70kph.

Just before the entrance to Avoca there was a Garda car and a Garda hiding behind the wall with a speed gun.

It was well too late by the time i spotted him to slow down.

I'm wondering if i will get a fine and points.

Do they not need to stop me or do they have the gun hooked up to something in the car.

It looked like he just had the radar gun with noting else.

This happen anyone else and did they get points and fine?

You only get the posted one from the gatso van.

Now from driving this area daily it should be 60kph.
    Two petrol stations, one of which allow HGVs to fuel up leading to at least 4/5 trucks queued up at peak.
    Glens fuel centre leading to slow trucks entering the traffic flow laden.
    Tractors etc merging from the roundwood side.
    Bus eireann also merging with traffic, Dublin bus merging with traffic (67kph restricted).
    Tourist coaches coming from Roundwood/Avoca centre.
    Lets face it to slow down to 60kph for 30 seconds costs you nothing, your back on full throttle and on your way then.

SickCert wrote: »
    You only get the posted one from the gatso van.

Now from driving this area daily it should be 60kph.
    Two petrol stations, one of which allow HGVs to fuel up leading to at least 4/5 trucks queued up at peak.
    Glens fuel centre leading to slow trucks entering the traffic flow laden.
    Tractors etc merging from the roundwood side.
    Bus eireann also merging with traffic, Dublin bus merging with traffic (67kph restricted).
    Tourist coaches coming from Roundwood/Avoca centre.
    Lets face it to slow down to 60kph for 30 seconds costs you nothing, your back on full throttle and on your way then.

Thanks for reply.

Thats very understandable and fair enough but its very hard to keep to 60kph on an empty road and the bmw driver behind me wants to drive in my boot instead of just overtaking me.

• Advertisement

Yawn - save the BMW bashing for the motors forum. Stay in the driving lane, and let him/her drive as close to your bumper as they like. They'll be at fault if anything happens.

Let's keep it on topic please.

eoin wrote: »
    Yawn - save the BMW bashing for the motors forum. Stay in the driving lane, and let him/her drive as close to your bumper as they like. They'll be at fault if anything happens.

Let's keep it on topic please.

Great input to the thread there Eoin.

If you had of read my posts properly you would have found its to de with speeding through Kilmacanogue.

So maybe you should be sticking the point.

Thread locked.

Damo9090 - you have a problem with the moderation then you take it to PM.

I read your post thoroughly, and it seemed to be the usual "bmw drivers are ****" crap that crops up on the motors forum the whole time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement