Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent TomTom update

Options
  • 13-06-2008 1:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

is it just me or since the recent tomtom software update, is my unit and satelite locator even faster than before? Sometimes when i switch it on, it almost locates me within 2-3 seconds!

on another note, my tomtom has only about 1mb of space left which is making it tough to put on the Weekly GPS updates and mapshare updates. Ive stripped off it anything i can. Any suggestions on what else i can do? (Its the One XL (europe maps)

I tried to lash a blank SD card in the slot but it didnt recognise it as a TomTom card. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tom1979

hey there

back you your tom tom xl

or copy contents to you computer and call the folder tom tom xl

make sure you back up just in case something goes wrong

then

buy a 2gb sd card off ebay they are cheap

copy the exact contents form the folder you just made on to the new sd card

this will work i have done it a million times just make sure you make a back up

if you run in to trouble

post here i will be happy to help

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Good idea thanks, didnt even think of that!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

did you get the TT to recognise the new SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Be careful when you get the SD card, some models do not accept the SDHC, MicroSC, etc Only accept standard SD,

I found dvd.co.uk the cheapest for memory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    did you get the TT to recognise the new SD card?

I did. However ever since doing it, my tomtom wont download mapshare updates. It will only download GPS location updates. :(

Even when i take the card out it still wont bring up the latest mapshare updates. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement