Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What will your next car be?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

junkyard wrote: »
    Porsche Cayanne turbo S ... looks the part.:D

Should've gone to Specsavers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

peasant wrote: »
    Should've gone to Specsavers :D

Drive one and looks don't matter, believe me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That I believe you ..plus you're sitting inside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've changed my mind..

106 gti, found a beaut of one on carzone..

New car is sooner than I thought! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote: »
    Drive one and looks don't matter, believe me.:D

I'm sure it drives great. The rest of that Porsche 4WD is disgusting imho though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's looks never bothered me tbh but when I drove one I just knew I had to have one. It's got decent wheels and good spec so I suppose I'll just have to live with it for now anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

9-3 or S40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

e39 540i

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Exploring all options at the mo:

Buy with your heart:
    BMW 320/330Cd/530d (just to see what all the fuss is about)
    Alfa Romeo 159/GT 1.9 JDTM 16v (always fancied one)
    Mid 1990s Mazda MX-5 (keep what I have now and buy one for the weekends)

More sensible purchases:
    Ford Mondeo ST TDCi (nice torque figures)
    Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi (had a petrol one before and always had a soft spot for them)
    Volvo S40 2.0d (comfy seats and nice to drive)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have a '98 BMW 5 series (e39) at the moment, and will probably go for the same again. The only change will be going from a 2.0 up to at least the 2.5 (unless something drastic happens and I find I can afford an e39 M5 and its running costs!). Will also be looking for it in "schwarz" black (I think that all of the post '01 ones come in "cosmos" black, which to me looks more charcoal grey), with the black interior trim (my existing e39 is the only one I've ever seen with the black trim; all the newer ones seem to be brushed chrome effect, which I don't like). Spec must have cruise control and climate, along with sport seats, and I'll probably go for automatic/steptronic. For the exterior, I'd be looking for the ACS kit again instead of the M-Sport (Would probably end up transferring the kit and wheels from my existing e39, as they're scarce).

I'm not fussy, am I?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

looking at buying a new Alfa GT or Brera next year, just depends on permission from the missus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm, probably another A4, 02/03, something with quattro/4wd drive anyway (I will use it for getting out of lots of mucky fields with the bikes). I'll look at the Passat 4motion also. The Engine doesn't bother me much, I've had a 1.9tdi for the last few years, one of the 130bhp tdis that I can remap to 160/170bhp would be nice, but I don't do high milage so a 1.8T petrol would be nice also.
    I'll drive my current '98 a4 to death firstly, which hopefully will be another year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

Hopefully a late model GTV. It'll be a few years tho :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Driving a 987 Boxster S at the moment. New Boxster rumoured to be out in 2010/11. Next S version will apparently be 3.5 litres churning out circa 315bhp. I'll 'av one of them please!! Failing that, I'll save the pennies for a 997 Carrera S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Got a Pajero commercial at the moment but I'm going to buy a new car when I get back from the states at the end of August. I'm most likely going to buy a 2007 Audi A4 2.0TDI 170bhp S-Line, but I have been toying with the idea of a 2005/2006 BMW 325Ci Sport, I'd say that I'll go for the Audi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

02-04 Jag XJR to replace my Taurus and either a 99-01 Saab 9-3 convertible, V70 T5 Estate or 540iT depending on how the missus feels about them and how practical the XJR turns out to be a with a wee-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'll probably replace the Astra with a Signum/Omega 2.2 Auto a GS300 or an older A8 2.8. It'll have to wait 3 or 4 years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll be going for a Gt Tdi mk4, and if money if going well it'll be an Anni..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Galmay

Audi A5. Gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes, the A5 is class looking. It would turn my head faster than a 3 series.
    Saw one recently on 18's in red, 2.7tdi. Real nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We got kiddies so for the family its going to be a 7 seater of some sort (Don't say MPV:confused:) - Maybe smax, galaxy or along those lines - imported.

For me - hopeing that reality returns to the pumps; it will be an M5. It will be a big quandary though cause with the higher road tax and VRT costs I may have to look to home for a pre July 08 one but if the saving's in UK justify it at the time then I may import. This is at least 2.5 years away so who know's we may have a a few more kids by then and it may not be a reality.

Jayzus this is tough.... what am I even doing up at this time of the day!

Then again I might win the lotto - then its 911 Turbo, M5 and a big big 7 seater; like a transit van or something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I want one of those Hummer thingies like the US Army have -- the ones that are twenty feet wide and have a .50 cal mounted on top for dealing with traffic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

one of the following hopefully:

Nissan 200sx S14a
    Honda Accord Type R
    Mazda Rx-7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Now that I'm after getting rid of my Volvo, I want to buy something to replace it.

Haven't made up my mind though, but I think I'll be buying an Integra Type-R because I want something that would make me get up at 6 in the morning just to take it for a spin at speed across country roads in Wesht Cork. I also want reliability and something that's cheap to run. It can't be a BMW, cause I have an E34 520i already; it's fantastic and will be replaced by an E39 520i but not until the E34 goes AWOL but I like cars so I'm not blind to one marque, even though saying anything even slightly positive about them sometimes makes some people think you are a BMW fanboi.....

The Integra has a reputation for being a hoot to drive, and I know it wouldn't let me down so it is very tempting....

We'll see what the insurance man says though:D, and I certainly ain't buying anything in the immediate future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Audi TT 2.0TDI - was hoping for the change in 2010 - it depends on how successful I am at reducing the size of my mortgage between now and then. :rolleyes:

audi3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

A5 for me. :)

2008-audi-a5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

E92 wrote: »
    Now that I'm after getting rid of my Volvo, I want to buy something to replace it.

Haven't made up my mind though, but I think I'll be buying an Integra Type-R because I want something that would make me get up at 6 in the morning just to take it for a spin at speed across country roads in Wesht Cork.

Excellent choice! I literally cant stop driving my Integra, You just end up with a big grin on your face everytime!! theres 97k miles on mine and the engine is still goin strong, just watch out for the gearbox the snycros can be damaged by ham fisted drivers like the women that drive mine before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Celica, hopefully..

and for when I'm somewhat older.. (about 25), hopefully a 350Z :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

I've got a new 320d msport coupé in alpine white awaiting collection for July 1st.

Feast your eyes on these photos (not my car but same body and wheels)...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131002

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Ford Mondeo ST 155 TDCI - so close now i can almost feel it under my arrse!:D

Advertisement