Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What will your next car be?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭abitdazed

My favourite kind of car is cheap, fast, and above all, stealthy. No one else can know that it's fast. So that's anything with a wing out!

I suppose an old Merc with a decent engine, or another old BMW. My first car ever was a MkI GTI. I'd sell a testicle for good one of them again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I tend to like Nissan cars myself. They won't win any speed contests but I tend to prefer something that's reliable. The Qashqai is nice looking but I can't really afford to fork out 25,000 euro for one.

I guess I wouldn't mind going for something that has a turbo or something in it to make overtaking that bit easier.

I also would be willing to consider a diesel car next, as I've only ever driven petrol cars. But I guess the diesel works out more economical if you are doing loads of driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

I'd like to have audi A5, but it is too expensive for me, so I'll get VW Scirocco probably ( if it won't be much more expensive than vw golf)

1.4 140bhp
    or
    1,4 170bhp
    or
    or 2,0 tdi 140bhp.

Does anyone know when Scirocco will available on Irish market?
    I heard that in Uk it will be 1st of September and only available version at the beginning - 2.0 gti 200bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Considering I only have my car 6 weeks, I'm not too concerned about my next car. Will probably be an Alfa 149 or 159 depending on my needs at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Abroad at the moment, I just took delivery of this on Monday. Ford Edge, 3.5L, V6 and 265bhp.

newmt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

At the moment driving a 1998 Saab 9-3 convertible 2.0 - soft top is seriously sweet, definately not under rated and getting the use out if it, but there's no turbo, so it's pretty dead, and handles a bit sloppy for a coupe.
    Thinking of selling it in a month or so, and buying another Saab convi in the low pressure turbo, or else a 99/00 bmw 323ci (hard top). Having driven a 323ci, I was absolutely blown away - bit hard to justify the killer tax, but the fuel economy isn't so bad..

Hopefully by the time I graduate uni I can follow this with an E46 M3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Cionád wrote: »
    Skoda Octavia VRS diesel
    or
    BMW 520d

Nice.....not interested in the new Superb? 170bhp 2.0TDI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Are those Ford Edge's available in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Subaru Outback diesel. Must find out the estimated delivery time on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

Alfa GT 1.9D Sportivo 150bhp

Slight upgrade from 156 T-Spark....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I've changed my mind..

106 gti, found a beaut of one on carzone..

New car is sooner than I thought! :D

You'll prob want to marry it before too long, one of the best drivers cars ever, just don't stuff it.

Word to the wise, don't rag it all the time, they're not that durable when treated badly.

Friend of mine had one and he still misses it, and he has an '08 320 convertible now:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Nice.....not interested in the new Superb? 170bhp 2.0TDI

New superb is very nice, but I'm looking for something with a few years on it.

Maybe a 520d touring imported, or an Alfa 159.

Will be a while till I upgrade yet. My invincible green machine is worthless so depreciation free driving continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I really wish I knew - started the year looking for a 993 and now I am looking at a wagon of some sort, with half an eye on the financial worries of the nation !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ferris wrote: »
    You'll prob want to marry it before too long, one of the best drivers cars ever, just don't stuff it.

Word to the wise, don't rag it all the time, they're not that durable when treated badly.

Friend of mine had one and he still misses it, and he has an '08 320 convertible now:eek:.

I'd be wary of buying any used 106 gti tbh. The majority of these cars I see on the roads in the UK are being pushed to the limits by young fellas out to prove that they can outrun the maserati/porsche/whatever they've just overtaken. Seems like a great little motor but also seems to be horribly abused by the majority of drivers I've seen in them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Am hoping to go to the uk and pick up an 05 wrx sti with the PPP fitted. Driving an 03 ep3 type r with 43k at the moment, so will hopefully move her on for decent money come summer of next year!

Always wanted a scooby,so hopefully things will work out :)

edit: actually of late, i've been looking at the vectra vxr (the 2.8 OPC v6 model) it seems like a nice motor. Fairly practical as well, and I reckon I could probably pick a newish one up for a song (due to rabid depreciation). I know it wouldnt be as much of a beast as a ppp'd sti, but its kind of a bit more practical. Anyone have any experience with the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Am hoping to go to the uk and pick up an 05 wrx sti with the PPP fitted. Driving an 03 ep3 type r with 43k at the moment, so will hopefully move her on for decent money come summer of next year!

Always wanted a scooby,so hopefully things will work out :)

edit: actually of late, i've been looking at the vectra vxr (the 2.8 OPC v6 model) it seems like a nice motor. Fairly practical as well, and I reckon I could probably pick a newish one up for a song (due to rabid depreciation). I know it wouldnt be as much of a beast as a ppp'd sti, but its kind of a bit more practical. Anyone have any experience with the above?

Apart from watching the stig wrestle with it's chronic understeer, no, no experience... but have always been of the opinin that a 6 MPS would be my choice if an STI or Evo weren't an option. I'd choose one over a VXR and ST220 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

M3 or s2000

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

A Cyborg ZR colt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gezas

Fare enough. :D:D

Advertisement