Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi diesel service

Options
  • 13-06-2008 1:51pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know servicing an Audi diesel is probably same as any diesel but I am considering doing my own.
    Have always serviced my own cars but did not do the Audi myself since I got it due to the "unknown" factor. But due to budget constraints I need to do it myself now.

Is it much different to a petrol, I know no plugs and there is a diesel filter but anyone dont an Audi service themselves? Is is easy to get at, the sump nut standard or hex or something?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Not a huge difference between diesels and petrols, no spark plugs like you said and the fuel filter needs regular changing. Oil changes are generally more frequent and get diesel specific oil which has additional detergents to cope with the extra soot.
    If you're getting into the more heavy duty side of things, some diesels have two timing belts, the regular one powering the camshaft(s) and another from the other end of the camshaft, running the injector pump. Not sure what kind of setup will be on your Audi.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Not a huge difference between diesels and petrols, no spark plugs like you said and the fuel filter needs regular changing. Oil changes are generally more frequent and get diesel specific oil which has additional detergents to cope with the extra soot.
    If you're getting into the more heavy duty side of things, some diesels have two timing belts, the regular one powering the camshaft(s) and another from the other end of the camshaft, running the injector pump. Not sure what kind of setup will be on your Audi.

Thanks very much, only going to give it a 10k service.

Advertisement