Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Lenihan in the RDS.

Options
  • 13-06-2008 2:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

LOL, did anyone see Brian Lenihan in the RDS being shouted down by "No No, Nooo, No No, Nooo, No No, NO NO there's no Lisbon" (to the tune of No No, 2unlimited!)

He didnt look happy!
    You have to see it in the News later.

It is going to be one for the historcial political archives for years to come.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

The guy was heckled beyond reason.
    You would think the no crowd could have behaved with a little dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

jank wrote: »
    LOL, did anyone see Brian Lenihan in the RDS being shouted down by "No No, Nooo, No No, Nooo, No No, NO NO there's no Lisbon" (to the tune of No No, 2unlimited!)

He didnt look happy!
    You have to see it in the News later.

It is going to be one for the historcial political archives for years to come.

That was Coir, and it wasn't just shouting, but a lot of jostling as well. Very mature. And it says a lot about you that you think it's such great craic.

Then their leader was on the radio, again saying that abortion would have been brought in with Lisbon, something that has been proven incorrect time and time again. It pains me to have to share an island with those nutjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

That pariticular group have done themselves no favours imo. It was on the radio and their leader brushed it of as a natural thing after a win and failed to apologise. Much like SF with Mc Dowell last year, it was a classless thing to do whether your for or against something or someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sounds hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

That was Coir, and it wasn't just shouting, but a lot of jostling as well. Very mature. And it says a lot about you that you think it's such great craic.

Then their leader was on the radio, again saying that abortion would have been brought in with Lisbon, something that has been proven incorrect time and time again. It pains me to have to share an island with those nutjobs.

What does it say about me?

One for the archives definately..lighten up:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

who was heckling him,where did you see it?and wll it be on te news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It's been shown on RTE a few times so I'd say it'll be re-shown during the day.
    I'd be embarrassed to be associated with a 'political' group who act like 12 year olds. It was unbelievably childish.
    And I could really care less which way the vote went.

RTE were trying to interview him in a busy RDS Hall.
    No campaign supporters were shouting slogans, drowning him out and pushing him while he was answering the interviewer's questions.
    You couldn't hear anything he was saying and he looked quite distressed by the shoving on all sides.

If you found it funny, I guess you only know why.

Pal wrote: »

I havent seen it yet but I imagine its the type of humour tht would appeal to me.I will make a judgement after I watch it.Speaks volumes about the people heckling him and pushing him,but sounds funny all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

rabble rousers - pure ejjits

• Advertisement

dc69 wrote: »
    I havent seen it yet but I imagine its the type of humour tht would appeal to me.I will make a judgement after I watch it.Speaks volumes about the people heckling him and pushing him,but sounds funny all the same.

enjoy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Are ye so far up your own asses ye cant lighten up? I thought it was hilarious, hopefully some kind soul will put it up on youtube :D
    Admittedly it was childish but it still made me laugh :p
    +1 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Shin feign Supporters as usual. Not letting anyone else get a word in. Not exactly surprizing is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

In all honesty, it's definitive of the type of people who canvassed for a No vote....Apart form being contortionists and scaremongerors, they're ungracious in winning. Pack of children really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Didn't see it but heard Lenihan interviewed on radio afterwards. I lol'd when he came out with the BS about them denying him his right to free speech, or something along those lines. :rolleyes:

Pal wrote: »
    RTE were trying to interview him in a busy RDS Hall.
    No campaign supporters were shouting slogans, drowning him out and pushing him while he was answering the interviewer's questions.
    You couldn't hear anything he was saying and he looked quite distressed by the shoving on all sides.

Get out of it,I watched it there and there isnt a sign of pushing or shoving,he is surrounded by journalists.

Idiots anyway,how are people like that involved on any side.The dregs of society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So on one hand its Coir supporters making a fool of themselves or its the shinners being shinners. Which is it?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ulyanov

I thought the treatment of Mr Lenihan today was nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank shows our nation in the true light. If you dont like whats been said just shout the man down. The No campagin got there result by ensuring half the voters didnt turn up around the country.

must look again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

the young lad who shoved a sign in lenihans face deserved a broken jaw imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So on one hand its Coir supporters making a fool of themselves or its the shinners being shinners. Which is it?:p

Bit of Both I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ulyanov wrote: »
    I thought the treatment of Mr Lenihan today was nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank shows our nation in the true light. If you dont like whats been said just shout the man down. The No campagin got there result by ensuring half the voters didnt turn up around the country.

Bitter much?

Your last sentence is laughable! What did they do, intimidate people into not voting? Excuse me while I ROFL...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Cóir have always been a group of children tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Zzippy wrote: »
    Bitter much?

Your last sentence is laughable! What did they do, intimidate people into not voting? Excuse me while I ROFL...

Well in fairness they made such a confusion about a number of issues by lying through their teeth that discouraged people to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

BCawley wrote: »
    Are ye so far up your own asses ye cant lighten up? I thought it was hilarious, hopefully some kind soul will put it up on youtube :D
    Admittedly it was childish but it still made me laugh :p
    +1 thread

Funny as it is, would you still have the attitude if it was FF, FG or any other mainstream partys. If it were them there would be people being more annoyed about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

....Apart form being contortionists ......
    :eek:

No far, I didn't see anyone putting their legs behind their heads inthe run up to the referendum, it would have got my vote !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Coir were the guys behind the monkies posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

What does it say about me?

One for the archives definately..lighten up:)

Meh, sorry mate. Sore head and sore over the result is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

'twas a bit daft, though not as bad as beating up TDs (which we were doing not all that long ago). If taunts and jibes are the worst we sink to in Irish politics today, that's a good thing... ...and I seem to recall far worse taunts and jibes being fired around the Dail in recent years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

It is these uneducated sheep who do as sinnfein say without thinking for themselves that will suffer first and most.

The no vote will affect foreign direct investment into ireland becasue ireland's selling point is about being at the heart of europe, having easy access to european market, being one of the showcase economies of europe and having a young and EDUCATED workforce.

Lower amount of FDI = lower jobs = less spending = lower jobs = less spending again = recession.

First to be hit are the jobs at the lower end of the scale in the service & retail sectors. Mainly employing young peope and those witout the higher levels of education. The same sheep who believe the utter tripe given by sinnfein and other looney lefties and the mad far right.

As for me, I don't care because i am well enough off to weather any storm, no mortgage, decent savings and stable job. I just pity those leaving school this year, it back to the eighties we are.

Europe will ignore ireland from here on.

Advertisement