Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what size hard drive can i put in my laptop?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have an old and trusted sony vaio VGN-T2XP. It came with 60gb Toshiba MK6006GAH hard drive and 512 memory. I just bought a Kingston 512 to bring the RAM up to the 1G max. I'm happy i ordered the correct memory, however, the hard drive is still a bit small for me.

I contacted Vaio Support and they said "Sony does not offer the opportunity to upgrade any hardware part of the VAIOs, except for the RAM memory. If you want to upgrade the internal hardware of your VAIO by yourself, you can of course do so, but we cannot offer you any assistance." Gee thanks Sony!

So does anyone know what the largest 1.8" hard drive I can fit to this. A laptop shop told me it depended on what my BIOS can support. I googled my BIOSwhich is Phoenix R0052G7 and can't find anything on it.

So if anyone who knows more than me about this (which is most people!) can help I would be really grateful.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats the same bios that was on my vgn-fe11m (i think) and the max i could stick into that was a 160gb model.

Advertisement