Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl50+

Options
  • 13-06-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody else see the point in going past 50? I'm at 51 and starting to see some of the problems I have seen mentioned elsewhere. I'm starting to see a lack of quests and some of the instances seem horribly bugged.

Balance is an issue, have lvl 20 blues that are 2 or 3 times better then normal gear at 50 and blues at 50 that are worse then blues at 20.

The tombs instance seems like a joke, the first boss you spend 70% of the fight running around on a fear. And the last Boss in un-killable. We had 3 healers and 3 Tanks and the group would wipe in 10 seconds. 500 damage per second with a Aura and hits for 1k on tanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Afaik the dev's stated awhile ago that 40-60 was unfinished and they were currently working on it with new content inc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

When you run out of things to do you should take it out on the other players.
    I suggest a murderous rampage horsie.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

When you run out of things to do you should take it out on the other players.
    I suggest a murderous rampage horsie.gif

Been there, done that. POM is unkillable my ass. We are currently rolling new toons, a POM, and two TOS. We will call it the gank squad as we lvl.

Afaik the dev's stated awhile ago that 40-60 was unfinished and they were currently working on it with new content inc.

I'm not a particularly fast leveler and I have started to see where they stopped. They have recouped millions in revenues since the games release. You think they might get their act together and try to update and fix the content to make it a somewhat finished product.

At first I thought it was just whining from the usual people on mmo forums but I have to say some of the bugs are amazingly bad. Is it acceptable to release a game with only 50% of it complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What are all these epic game wreaking bugs people are talking about? Ive only seen some minor things where death penalties sometimes dont switch off correctly etc etc.

For a MMORPG, the game is running fairly well so far. Little more content at 40+ would be great but there still is stuff to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm not a particularly fast leveler and I have started to see where they stopped. They have recouped millions in revenues since the games release. You think they might get their act together and try to update and fix the content to make it a somewhat finished product.

At first I thought it was just whining from the usual people on mmo forums but I have to say some of the bugs are amazingly bad. Is it acceptable to release a game with only 50% of it complete?
    Its pretty acceptable.

Alot of wow's 40+ dungeons and content didn't get implemented until at least a month after release.

Sand wrote: »
    What are all these epic game wreaking bugs people are talking about? Ive only seen some minor things where death penalties sometimes dont switch off correctly etc etc.

For a MMORPG, the game is running fairly well so far. Little more content at 40+ would be great but there still is stuff to do.

Most of my quests are bugging out, either not getting a reward, not getting credit for killing things or respawn rates so high you can't even complete them.

The instances are boring and badly tuned, making them impossible to complete without exploiting them.

I suppose I expected the game to be polished a little more for the amount of Beta Testing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ive run into one quest that cant be completed as the "end quest" convo loops, and another quest where the quest doesnt "activate" despite me swearing I shall go forthwith and rescue some guys.

One or two other quests where the location of the guys to kill was placed badly. One quest where the respawn of the NPC to be killed was so low that effectively it needed to be done on the Epic server to have any chance of getting them spawned and killable.

Thats pretty much it. Those bugged quests are frustrating in their own right, but taken on scale with the size of the game and tens of thousands of users its not the end of the world. 6 months from now a lot of those bugged quests will be fixed and hopefully the PvP content will be expanded - currently its very hard to "grief" someone who doesnt want to be griefed as they lose nothing from PvP.

As for high NPC respawns, thats a good thing in my book. Helps with the XP accumulation, especially if theres a couple of players in the same area.

Advertisement