Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Betting Weekend June 08

Options
  • 13-06-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Right lads start with anybody getting stuck into

8/11Wexford v Dublin.7/5 DRAW 9/1

Football

5/2Cavan v Armagh4/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

cant believe dublin are that price i thought they would have been odds on. Ill definetly be having a few quid on them:D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

dotsflan wrote: »
    cant believe dublin are that price i thought they would have been odds on. Ill definetly be having a few quid on them:D

:eek: Wexford arent that bad man! Did you confuse it with football? Dubs have a great shout with a game already played and wexford looking a bit weak but surely wexford should be favourites

No i didnt confuse it with the football:D but i just think that on recent form dublin are overpriced i would of had them @ 4/5 and wexford 5/4 I think it will be a close game but dublin will be looking to avenge last years defeat to wexford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Offally +16 @ 10/11 with PP is a fantastic bet.

16 points is a huge margin. Kilkenny have a lot of injuries and while I'd expect them to go through without much hassle, a 16 point headstart for Offally is very good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Good calls on both the Dublin and Offaly handicap betting.
    Dublin had a good league and are steadily improving every year.

Previews taken from Hoganstand.com
    Last year, when these sides met in the championship, Barry Lambert broke Dublin’s hearts with a late free to ensure a victory for Wexford by the narrowest of margins. The Dubs felt on that occasion that they should have won. On Saturday, they have the chance to prove that point. Tommy Naughton’s charges have been gearing themselves for this match all year and the facile win over Westmeath proves that they have taken a step in the right direction. The appearance in the 2007 All-Ireland under-21 final shows that the Dubs are making strides and with many of that side on show this weekend, they will be quietly confident of causing an upset against a Wexford side that is certainly going through a transition period. The Slayneysiders have their injury concerns as both Barry Lambert and Ciaran Kenny are definitely, while doubt surrounds the availability of Damien Fitzhenry, Keith Rossiter and Stephen Nolan. Wexford defeated Galway in a recent challenge match, but the Tribesmen were far from full strength. Confidence is low in the camp and there are rumours that all is not well. In contrast the Dubs are brimming with self-assurance and they will fee that they can capatilise on Wexford’s problems. The return of David O’Callaghan to the squad after he was with the footballers last year has been a huge boost and the St Margaret’s clubman has been in exceptional form. Wexford certainly have the tradition, but Dublin’s exuberance may just see them over the line.
    Verdict: Dublin

Leinster hurling has been suffering a crisis of late as they lack of competition and Kilkenny’s dominance has become all too common. In the not so distant past, Offaly were more than a match for the Cats, but that has not been in the case in recent years. Kilkenny seem to have found another level, leaving all challengers in their wake, particularly in Leinster. Joe Dooley has been brought in to reduce the gulf in class and put the faithful county back up where they belong, at hurling’s top table. They seen off Laois in the quarterfinal with the minimum of fuss and Dooley’s young guns have shown that they know where the goal is. However, they face a mammoth task against a Kilkenny side that has one-eye on a third successive All-Ireland crown. Brian Cody has his fair share of injury concerns at present with James Ryall, John Tennyson and Henry Shefflin all out, while Noel Hickey, Richie Power, Jackie Tyrrell, Aidan Fogarty and PJ Delaney all doubtful. In saying that they have a number of players eager to come in and stake a claim in the side. The tight confines of Portlaoise may suit Offaly better, but experienced players like Brendan Murphy, Rory Hannify and Ger Oakley must lead by example. Captain Kevin Brady is a doubt and would be a huge loss if he doesn’t make it. Kilkenny’s strength in depth will be evident on Sunday as they qualify for yet another provincial decider.
    Verdict: Kilkenny

http://www.hoganstand.com/general/Previews.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

glad i missed this one

anyone get the draw at 9/1

AdrianII wrote: »
    glad i missed this one

anyone get the draw at 9/1

Dubs threw away a glorious chance to get into the leinster final, game should of been over at half time but thats hurling:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

They were shocking.
    Thought the Dublin full back almost lost the game single handedly, he had a nightmare.
    Wexford should beat them in the replay if they play like they did in the second half.
    2 Dublin corner forwards were outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

Dublin or Wexford.. Whoever wins the replay, Kilkenny will wipe the floor with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

What ye think lads, Wexford in replay. Going get stuck in this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Anybody fancy a Wexford double @ 3/1 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

What's that Football and Hurling. Not sure boy, think Laois are dark horses. I was thinking of backing them. Not sure what to do yet.

Advertisement