Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Mac Book

• 13-06-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭

Lads really thinking of switching, anyone know where the best place to get one for the best price?

Wouldnt mind a year old one, they'd probably be good enough.

Prob need a bit more research!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

If you knew anyone living in the states, or going to the states, I'd go that way, 2/3rds the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Look at the refurbished models in the Apple Ireland online store - these have been extensively checked by Apple, and are excellent, but cheaper than buying 'new' - even though many of them are in fact new computers that people have bought or been given and then given back immediately.

For instance, a fortnight after I bought my MacBook, a new model was issued. If I'd had the box and a receipt, the company would have taken mine back and given me a brand-new one of the new model. (Since I had got rid of the box and couldn't find the receipt, they gave me €200, the price of upgrading my 'old' computer to the same level as the new one.)

If I'd had the box and receipt, my perfectly good MacBook would have been one of the ones turning up in the refurbished store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Posted via Mobile Device ya the American one is still cheaper than the Irish refurbished. God they're all pretty expensive!

Advertisement