Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did bertie bet on the treaty

Options
  • 13-06-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if bertie had money on the outcome of the treaty vote? it was a 2 horse race and apparently he's got an eye for a good bet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope he did - I'm raging I did'nt think about a bet, it was a near no-brainer to trade in and out depending on the polls.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I am not sure if he bet on the treaty but i do know in taking so long for him to do his lap-of-honour the political parties lost substantial ground in informing the people of Ireland and we have all lost out as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pure Culchie

Bertie should be a good punter ,as he is probably owed a favour or two from the horsey set ,so he got the right tips

Afterall he did give them plenty of serious tax relief over the years

or maybe he got good tips in the big tent in Galway from the builder boys!

Advertisement