Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finland thanks Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Olkaa hyvä

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Olet apina. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thomaas1918

Big THANK YOU from Czech Republic!

Tisicere diky Vam vsem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FineFinn

Every Finn I've spoken to is less than happy and not at all thankful. Please don't be so presumptuous as to speak for Finland, Mr ZZZZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 claudiog

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ T * H * A * N * K - Y * O * U /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I want Europe, I want your friendship, I want do protect our boudaries
    form threat and unfair market practices, however I don't want an obscure
    Europe, an undemocratic Europe, an Europe where power is so centralized
    an Europe so hyperruled where such rules damage our industries while
    leave flaws to the foreigners (...and yes, for foreigners I mean non-EU!)

I add a thanks from some my conationals:

Sogaro wrote:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Go raibh maith agat!
    (Grasie!)
    (Thank you! -[I suppose first line is in gaelic]- )
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Marangon M. wrote:
    Grasie!
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

FineFinn wrote: »
    Every Finn I've spoken to is less than happy and not at all thankful. Please don't be so presumptuous as to speak for Finland, Mr ZZZZ.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FineFinn

Why the amused eye-rolling? Your meaning is a little ambiguous...

FineFinn wrote: »
    Why the amused eye-rolling? Your meaning is a little ambiguous...

Don't mind him... a lot of the "no" crowd ignore the fact that people in Europe were okay with this treaty and "vote no on their behalf" was complete bull**** and lies... My Finnish Erasmus friends, while they didn't seem to know too much about it, certainly weren't thanking us, and were confused when I said there was someone on here thanking us from Finland... olet kiva!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

passive wrote: »
    Don't mind him... a lot of the "no" crowd ignore the fact that people in Europe were okay with this treaty and "vote no on their behalf" was complete bull**** and lies... My Finnish Erasmus friends, while they didn't seem to know too much about it, certainly weren't thanking us, and were confused when I said there was someone on here thanking us from Finland... olet kiva!

How are you so sure?

Sully wrote: »
    How are you so sure?

Well most everyone I spoke to about it yesterday was disappointed about the Irish result (less so that France's performance in the football) though I suppose also a large amount didn't really seem too aware of the treaty, since they weren't voting on it. In any case there are no figures or evidence to support the assertion that the people of the EU wanted us to vote no, and it's all individuals like the OP, thanking us on behalf of their country, only to be directly contradicted by a compatriot who says there was no concensus to that effect and they have no right to do so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement