Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low voltage lights

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

When I bought our place last year the lights in the kitchen weren't working. There were three low voltage tracks on the ceiling with four bulbs on each one. Only one bulb on one track worked, and that failed soon after we moved in. I took the tracks down and put up some low energy bulbs - everything works fine.

I was clearing out the garage last week and I found the low voltage sets. In the back of one was what appeared to be a fuse - but glass with a metal collar at each end. Are these sets fused? If so, can I get them working again - it would be a shame to chuck them if they can be repaired.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

Minder wrote: »
    When I bought our place last year the lights in the kitchen weren't working. There were three low voltage tracks on the ceiling with four bulbs on each one. Only one bulb on one track worked, and that failed soon after we moved in. I took the tracks down and put up some low energy bulbs - everything works fine.

I was clearing out the garage last week and I found the low voltage sets. In the back of one was what appeared to be a fuse - but glass with a metal collar at each end. Are these sets fused? If so, can I get them working again - it would be a shame to chuck them if they can be repaired.

you are describing a low current quick blow fuse. The current rating should be written on the collar. probe the fuse to check for continuity.

Advertisement