Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitters query

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, the other morning I decided enough was enough.
    I had my usual morning coughing fit and then lit my first smoke. Started coughing again and threw the fag down the toilet and decided to quit.
    Didn't do too bad the first day (Smoked 8 instead of 60+)
    Second and third days the same.
    Think I can do it this time.
    As any smoker knows, phlegm is always going to be with you when you smoke but I have started coughing up stuff that not only looks disgusting but tastes and smells disgusting. Is this normal?
    Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hotredhead

I gave up smoking four weeks ago.I had a 15-20 a day habit.I never had a cough problem while smoking but for two weeks after I stopped I coughed and coughed constantly.I am using the Nicorette Inhaler which I find to be quite good.
    Fair play to you for cutting down so radically and best of luck with giving them up.It is not easy!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

If you are worried about the crap you are coughing up, then I suggest seeing a doctor.

Best of luck quitting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

rstans wrote: »
    Didn't do too bad the first day (Smoked 8 instead of 60+)

You're only fooling yourself if you think this is the road to quitting. The only way to quit is to smoke ZERO.

If it's praise you are looking for then come back when you have quit because you haven't quit now. It's not easy but anyone can do it and I wish you all the luck in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

i smoked 20 a day for over ten years and had no side effects like that when i gave up! get it checked out!!

Advertisement