Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 New Tattoo studios in Wicklow Town

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Ok guys, I have decided to get a new tattoo (my 2nd) some time in the not so distant future.

There are 2 new studios which have opened up in Wicklow Town, Ink Works(which is/was in bray aswell) and Celtic Tattoo Studio which also has studios in Enniscorthy and Carlow. Has anyone used these and got any recommendations/feedback?

Also if anyone has used the Dublin Tattoo company in Arklow or either of the studios in Gorey and has positive feedback let me know.

Thanks

stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Know Of A Guy Got One In The One That Isn't Celtic Tats..

Didn't Hear Any Negative Feedback..

I Asked Them Piercing Advice In Celtic And They Said They Didn't Know So I'm Not Sure How Much I'd Trust Them Inking Me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I've been tattooed twice in Dublin Tattoo in Arklow, its great. I drive down from dublin to get tattooed there - its THAT great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Best friend had an arm suit done in celtic tattoo parlour in carlow, it was done by the guy that works from the enniscorthy shop, he was a foreigner, check out their website and you'll see him - done a polencian style suit around the celtic shamrock, good tattoo but he said he'd go back to the parlour in temple bar, don't know the name sorry.

I can recommend JMD'S in waterford, out of this world work, well worth the travel down! Check out the website. I've had some work done and am heading that way again for 2 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

hot2def wrote: »
    I've been tattooed twice in Dublin Tattoo in Arklow, its great. I drive down from dublin to get tattooed there - its THAT great. :)
    The spray painting they did on the outside of the shop last weekend (I think) looks great, and really adds a lot to the appearance of the place.

tasha1 wrote: »
    I Asked Them Piercing Advice In Celtic And They Said They Didn't Know So I'm Not Sure How Much I'd Trust Them Inking Me..
    Why? Piercing and tattooing are completely different and unrelated, they're just usually done in the same places.

Also: Typing Every Word With A Capital Letter Is Really Annoying To Read.

• Advertisement

Why? Piercing and tattooing are completely different and unrelated, they're just usually done in the same places.

Also: Typing Every Word With A Capital Letter Is Really Annoying To Read.

If he couldn't give me simple advice that I was able to get somewhere else straightaway I personally do not think that I would feel comfortable getting something permanent on my skin from yhem.

And I apologise but I cannot change a habit just for you.

mod edit: However, I can :D

A Bad Habit. :p

Would you ask a chiropodist for advice about your hair? No. You'd ask a hairdresser.

If you want advice about a piercing, ask a piercer, not a tattoo artist.

If you want to judge his tattooing ability, ask to look at his portfolio, ask him questions about tattooing.

Don't expect to be able to judge his tattooing ability based on knowledge about completely unrelated fields. If he gave you advice about piercings, and something went wrong, then he'd be answerable to you.

He did the right thing in not giving you piercing advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

As Damo said, tattooing is what they do there. No point asking them piercing related questions, waste of their time and yours. If you can muster the courage to just keep capitalisation to the beginning of new sentences, I's and names that'd be great Tasha1. :D

OCD is a terrible thing.

Lmao.

The Dude Is A Piercer And Tattoist..

Ask Him If You Don't Believe Me..

Therefore It Was Not A Waste Of Time A Mon Avis..

I will start trying to type like this from now on but it feels so wrong to me and takes me longer to type!

It only takes you longer at the minute because you're so used to reaching for the shift key at the start of every word. Trust me, getting into the habit of typing properly will only help, especially when it comes to anything job related.

Which of the guys was it, and what were you asking him?
    http://celtictattoostudios.com/wicklowteam.html

• Advertisement

I used to type properly until.. I don't know actually!

It was Stuart..

I was asking about getting repierced where i have a scar..

Care to ask us the question and maybe we can answer it for you? :D

Hehe. No it's okay thank you.

I have since got it repierced so i'm good! :]

Grand so...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement